• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cursed Pirate Girl

1,870 posts in this topic

the SP (self-published), the 2nd print, which all have their own stories as to why they are rare. Distributor destroyed them, delivery lost them, limited # printed, etc.

So what is the story behind the comics destroyed by Diamond? What issues/printing? How does that happen? There was some mention of it somewhere else, but I didn't catch what all it was about.

According to Tom, from Olympian publishing, most of the print run of issue 2 was "destroyed" by Diamond. Tom told me that only a couple hundred books got out, making it the rarest of all first print CPG's

I don't think it's the rarest, but yes, it is pretty rare.

According to Tom, from Olympian publishing, most of the print run of issue 2 was "destroyed" by Diamond. Tom told me that only a couple hundred books got out, making it the rarest of all first print CPG's

Wait, the second issue or the 2nd print of the first issue? How did they destroy it? Would love to know the story behind that.

Wait, the second issue or the 2nd print of the first issue? How did they destroy it? Would love to know the story behind that.

They didn't get destroyed--Julio has all of them :foryou:

Let me qualify that. The rarest Olympian published CPG according to Tom, unless you know better than him.

Actually, you are mistaken, Brian. If you go back in the yahoo group emails between you and Tom in May, he was talking about the 2nd print of #1, not #2 as you previously posted. Those were the ones that were destroyed per his email and only about 100 exist.

In addition, even rarer than those are the #1 1st print "Virgin" or "no logo" issues of which only 12 exist.

Edited by FIREFLY

Well, what I was referring to was our email conversation from the other night where he emailed me about my #2 first print. He told me that most of the the #2 first print was destroyed, and that no one at Olympian or Century even has a copy. I'll get ahold of him and confirm which ones are the ones destroyed.

As far as the error no logos, they are just that, errors, not individual print runs.

I looked at his email from May. He said it was the second print of #1 that was destroyed by diamond and that no more than a couple hundred exist.

His email to me the other night regarding my #2 first print on ebay was this:

"A bunch of these got "disappeared" by Diamond, as the mob

would say, so this one is the lowest quantity out there of any

issue, any printing. Not one Olympian Publishing or Century

Guild employee has a copy in their collection. I know people are

excited now about issue #1 first prints, but this is the one that

when people are trying to complete a set of first prints they will

not be able to find. I would guess that only a few hundred made

it onto the streets"

I'm waiting to hear back from him with clarification, but in both conversations, it was a couple hundred, not 100.

we'll see...

I looked at his email from May. He said it was the second print of #1 that was destroyed by diamond and that no more than a couple hundred exist.

His email to me the other night regarding my #2 first print on ebay was this:

"A bunch of these got "disappeared" by Diamond, as the mob

would say, so this one is the lowest quantity out there of any

issue, any printing. Not one Olympian Publishing or Century

Guild employee has a copy in their collection. I know people are

excited now about issue #1 first prints, but this is the one that

when people are trying to complete a set of first prints they will

not be able to find. I would guess that only a few hundred made

it onto the streets"

I'm waiting to hear back from him with clarification, but in both conversations, it was a couple hundred, not 100.

we'll see...

:o

Wow. It makes me even happier to have my first print copy of #2!!!

Yeah, that makes sense. But read the response to that email in May where he corrected it and said that it was #1 2nd print.

"Tom N. meant issue 1, volume one of cursed pirate girl.

Only time so far that copper ink has been used"

-Mark Boss-

"Ha! Yes, don't know what I was thinking as I typed- sorry!"

-T-

Either way, those two are very rare even at "around 200" issues. As for the no logos, the original question was "What issues/printing?" so I answered that. Anyway, let us know what you find out. I'm still a big fan of Self-Published #1 and Voices, which predates Olympian books and still curious as to who graded that Voices book that was previously mentioned.

Edited by FIREFLY

Either way, those two are very rare even at "around 200" issues. As for the no logos, the original question was "What issues/printing?" so I answered that. Anyway, let us know what you find out. I'm still a big fan of Self-Published #1 and Voices, which predates Olympian books and still curious as to who graded that Voices book that was previously mentioned.

I just don't see how there could only be 200 copies of the #2 (1st print) - I've personally owned 15 copies or so since it came out (and still have 3-4 left), and I still come across this issue in stores from time to time.

In contrast, I've never seen a single #1 (2nd print) in any store anywhere.

Also ... considering there are only 7 copies of the #1 (4th print) proofs that just sold on ebay, they would beat out the no-logo variants in terms of rarity.

insane sailor boy??

so, you were the one who won the 1/7 proof? nice. i was in til about 175 then bailed. ended up with 4/7 instead. definately wanted the silver ink copy but that was more coin than i could part with.