• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cursed Pirate Girl

1,870 posts in this topic

Congrats Julio (thumbs u

Right I have finally read all three books, twice, and I must admit I was blown away. Book 3 is my favorite and you can certainly see a progression in Bastian's art and story telling. I really love the innocence of the whole thing, the way the characters seem so genuine and you really get a sense of excitement and wish fulfillment. Like all good fantasy project It makes me dream of being apart of the CPG world :cloud9:

My only issue with the book, and in particular, the art, is that it is too intricate. On it's own terms the art is fantastic and with every detail Bastian blows me away! However, at times I felt like I was taking a step back to admire and and examine the art. I wanted to understand and get to grips with every detail and see what great work he was doing. Unfortunately this had the effect of taking me out of the world I was enjoying being immersed in. This is probably a personal thing but one I can see few people agreeing with. It's certainly not gonna stop me from reading further issues and I am now fully committed to collecting, reading and loving this great book along with everything else Bastain does, especially seeing how nice the guys is.

Here is Tom from Olympian's response:

"The 1st issue second printing was a very small run of only a

few hundred.

These all made it out fine.

The 2ns issue first printing

was a run of over 1000, but I believe that

only 3-400 made it out into the

world after Diamond got hold of them.

Both have quantities of lower than

400, but only one was due to Diamond:

Issue #2, first print."

So it sounds like they are equally rare, just for different reasons.

Tom basically told me the same thing when I asked him for more details on print runs.

Roight then, did someone here grade a Voices in 9.6? I see a CPG Comixpress in 9.8 now too. hm

I checked this out on the census and there does not seem to be a Voices #1 graded. Unless I am not seeing correctly, the only Voices issue I see is a #3 from 2009. Had me going there for awhile, Jerel. The holy grail has not been attained, yet. ;)

FYI for the peeps, Voices #1 is the 1st Appearance of CPG and very improbable to find.

Edited by FIREFLY

I found him with Michael Zulli and Dave McKean. He is one of the nicest people Ihave ever met. Period. He had 4th printings of #1, 2nd printings of #2, and 1st printings of #3. He had his art "aged" art prints. He had those really cool portfolios with the different color covers. He had CPG bag and glass. He had a new print called the leather push. Let him tell you what that means. There are only 50 copies of the print.

Hasta,

Pablo

I found him with Michael Zulli and Dave McKean. He is one of the nicest people Ihave ever met. Period. He had 4th printings of #1, 2nd printings of #2, and 1st printings of #3. He had his art "aged" art prints. He had those really cool portfolios with the different color covers. He had CPG bag and glass. He had a new print called the leather push. Let him tell you what that means. There are only 50 copies of the print.

Hasta,

Pablo

dang I need a #3 1st print so i can read the series. Mebbe i can get KoR to pick one up for me.

Just noticed Olympian Publishing dropped #2 2nd prints from the web page. Is a 3rd print in the works?

This book needs a new on going series. I just hope Jeremy stays with Olympian.