• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cursed Pirate Girl

1,870 posts in this topic

what is the numbering on your copy? i can't make it out.

184/300, Mike.

I have not seen or heard anyone claim to have one on any board or site so far, Sanj. (shrug)

Not all 300 copies have survived since 2004.

184/300, Mike.

I have not seen or heard anyone claim to have one on any board or site so far, Sanj. (shrug)

Very cool book, Julio.

But I thought her first appearance was in the low-distribution version of CPG 1. Where does this book fit into the appearances? Is it a standalone story, or a preview?

184/300, Mike.

Very cool book, Julio.

But I thought her first appearance was in the low-distribution version of CPG 1. Where does this book fit into the appearances? Is it a standalone story, or a preview?

It's actually before anything was printed by Olympian Publishing. It's a compilation of stories and artwork and Jeremy is one of the contributors with a 4 page story of CPG. This same story is what was re-printed in Ye Old Lore of Yore Vol. 1. Then came the Self-Published #1 CPG through Comixpress, then Olympian took over the #1 with it's 1st print.

Edited by FIREFLY

It's actually before anything was printed by Olympian Publishing. It's a compilation of stories and artwork and Jeremy is one of the contributors with a 4 page story of CPG. This same story is what was re-printed in Ye Old Lore of Yore Vol. 1. Then came the Self-Published #1 CPG through Comixpress, then Olympian took over the #1 with it's 1st print.

WOW!

And you only have one??!!

:o

:baiting:

184/300, Mike.

Congrats Julio. Great score. Thanks for giving us the heads up.

Cheers

Sanj

I'm so glad you guys are enjoying the readings. It's not a book to read swiftly. Just enjoy each and every page with a great cup of Joe. ;)

Still in the process of parting with my CPG collection :( , but there is one book that I just can't bear to part with besides the ones that were dedicated to my little girl, Ella, by Jeremy.

Enjoy CPG fans. :)

Voices #1: 1st Appearance of CPG

Voices1.jpgVoicespg1.jpgVoicespg2and3.jpgVoicespg4.jpg

:o whillakers.....

I sharted. :blush:

:o

lol

Haven't heard that in awhile. I sure needed that laugh today.

FYI CPG fans, if anyone is interested in any slabbed CPGs besides what I have listed on the bay (Virgin variant, YOLOY, etc.), let me know. Rather have a boardie/CPG fan have them than through there.

Edited by FIREFLY

I had a small getaway with my wife and little girl this past weekend that was spent at my friend's house up north with his family. It was truly refreshing and quite inspirational.

I played "Pirate's" with my friend's two little boys and my little girl. It was amazing and energizing being able to play fantasy and pretend that the world did not matter at all. All I had to worry was about being attacked by all these little pirates that were trying to force me to walk the plank. :eek:

Guess what it reminded me of? CPG, of coarse. :) I later found out that the oldest little boy, age 10, is dabbling with comic books. I told him that I collected comic books and that there was one book that I thought would be a great addition to his collection...one that he would love since he has the pirate talk down to the bone. With my friend's permission, I was able to hand him a copy of CPG #1. Tattered, of coarse, from being read so many times in the car on long rides and crayoned by my little one. Nonetheless, you all should have seen his eyes. They were like giant bug eyes while flipping through it. It was as if I had handed him gold.

This was a great investment. Passing on this wonderful story and art to be appreciated by the next generation. This kid will remember the pirate game we played, the characters we all imagined and the fire that was kindled a little further by this one little gift. Hopefully, I'll get a call from his dad wanting to add #2 and #3 to his collection.

All in all, regardless of my circumstances, it was truly a beautiful weekend indeed. :cloud9: