• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cursed Pirate Girl

1,870 posts in this topic

Jeremy was one of the few people i wanted to meet at the Baltimore show. he was such a cool guy!

I mentioned how Julio has gone above and beyond as an advocate for CPG.

I wasn't planning on getting any commissions from anyone at the show cause i was only there for a few hours but old habits die hard.

thanks to jeBailey for making pickup arrangements for all my sketches today with photos to boot!!

THE WALKING DEAD PIRATE GIRL

Photobucket

I saw this book his weekend and it is INSANE!!!! If you ever sell it, please lmk!

I am interested in reading the CPG series, but my knowledge is limited. Is there or will there be a TPB collecting the series?

In the Spring, brother. I have an extra copy of #1 for free if you'd like. PM if interested. ;)

How many issues of this series are there actually? I keep seeing new gimmick covers, variant printings and limited releases for cons and other various things, but they all seem to be the same three issues.

How many issues of this series are there actually? I keep seeing new gimmick covers, variant printings and limited releases for cons and other various things, but they all seem to be the same three issues.

That's all there is. It's the only problem with the ongoing viability of the series. Jeremy's work is so painstakingly detailed, I don't know how he could do more than a couple a year.

That's all there is. It's the only problem with the ongoing viability of the series. Jeremy's work is so painstakingly detailed, I don't know how he could do more than a couple a year.

That's not good. No way am I going to plunk down any kind of money on a modern book that doesn't at least have a regular release. I guess I will pick up the trade. His art does look interesting.

That's not good. No way am I going to plunk down any kind of money on a modern book that doesn't at least have a regular release. I guess I will pick up the trade. His art does look interesting.

Agreed. I remember talking to Jeremy about this issue awhile back. It would be nice to see more story develop with more issues and though his artwork is very detailed and time consuming, his focus is all over the place with conventions, commissions, marriage, etc. :ohnoez:

Personally, I love that there are some very scarce issues of #1 and pre #1 work, but not in agreement with the marketing of his current publisher for overdoing it. Not sure if Olympian is filling in space in between the arc, but it's getting old. Way too many covers of #1 out there. Some CPG fans love the hunt, though, and it could get addicting. Being a huge CPG fan, even if I had the cash, I wouldn't chase after them. I'd go crazy. :grin: The Voices #1, #1 Virgin cover and 2nd print #1 were my favs. :cloud9:

Jeremy was consistent with voicing his desire to continue CPG rather than doing "other" stuff. Sorry, but I'm glad he is moving on with another publisher. 2c

Edited by FIREFLY

More of Jeremy's work. Sorry for the blury vision, but I got them from the CPG yahoo group. Enjoy!

Marquis

-Marquis--1.jpg

Hellboy

hellboy.jpg

Hellboy vs Headless Horseman

HBvrsHeadlessHorseman.jpg

Elseworld's Finest

ElseworldsFinest-1.jpg

Batman

Batman-1.jpg

Edited by FIREFLY

Many different stamped trades available here for CPG. You purchase through Amazon and Century Guild will send you the pledge level package you ordered. They have a pledge goal of $2500, but heck you would think that would be attainable.

Many different stamped trades available here for CPG. You purchase through Amazon and Century Guild will send you the pledge level package you ordered. They have a pledge goal of $2500, but heck you would think that would be attainable.

Very Interesting.

Very Interesting.

Indeed. So I'm wondering if this counts as the "TPB" CPG fans were promised as I thought that the TPB was going to be done through DH in Spring.

Very Interesting.

Indeed. So I'm wondering if this counts as the "TPB" CPG fans were promised as I thought that the TPB was going to be done through DH in Spring.

My theory: If Olympia Publishing is going to lose CPG to Dark Horse then ot would behoove them to print a TPB as soon as possible.

With this method, they are having "readers' of CPG subsidize the printing costs of the TPB.

Hasta,

Pablo

Very Interesting.

My theory: If Olympia Publishing is going to lose CPG to Dark Horse then ot would behoove them to print a TPB as soon as possible.

With this method, they are having "readers' of CPG subsidize the printing costs of the TPB.

Hasta,

Pablo

hm

(Rhetorically)

So if the $2500 mark is not reached, then it's safe to assume that the TPB will go to DH? If the mark is not reached, then why wouldn't OP supply the rest? The marketing states that the minimum to make it happen is $2500.

$2500 is very attainable indeed. Just wondering why this approach was taken. This will be very interesting to see played out.