• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cursed Pirate Girl

1,870 posts in this topic

Well you won't believe this but i got my issue from "Challangers Comic Shop" in Chicago. How surprised I was when they said they still had a couple left, so i paid for that then. That was on a Tuesday and i received it in the mail on Monday and it is in nice contdition. Jeremy did sign and number it but it won't get SS'd. I'm just happy to be able to get one. Like most people I wasn't turned on to CPG until this year. My next goal as i mentioned in another post is to get issue's 1,2, and 3 signed with a little sketch and submit them at the Hero's Con.

from century guild.

Where did April and May's newsletters go??? The months got away from us as Jeremy Bastian's Cursed Pirate Girl got picked up by a MAJOR publisher (to be announced at San Diego Comic Con in July!),

Nah - nobody's doing large print runs on any creator-owned books these days (with the possible exception of Hellboy and WD). My money's on Dark Horse - I think it'll be a good fit for Bastian.

Nah - nobody's doing large print runs on any creator-owned books these days (with the possible exception of Hellboy and WD). My money's on Dark Horse - I think it'll be a good fit for Bastian.

worst kept secret in comics :gossip:

So I keep wondering, what sort of changes would that bring about for his future, except for the big label, taking into consideration the amount of time and work he puts into each page. More pressure to produce art and stories? A change in quality for his art due to the pressure? New stories? New books and characters? I'm pretty excited to see what comes next. hm

worst kept secret in comics :gossip:

Kick-*sp00n* is pretty up there. hm

So I keep wondering, what sort of changes would that bring about for his future, except for the big label, taking into consideration the amount of time and work he puts into each page. More pressure to produce art and stories? A change in quality for his art due to the pressure? New stories? New books and characters? I'm pretty excited to see what comes next. hm

The 1st change will probably be the paper. A major publisher will probably change it to standard comic book paper and cover stock. Which is a shame.

I think the feel and thickness of the cover really made the book unique. It was different in a good way. I hope I'm wrong and the new books will still be made the same way, but I find that doubtful from a "MAJOR" publisher.

what is he charging for sketchcards?

you'll have to inquire with him. i not implying that he likes to offer this option for everybody that walks by his table. but, i'm sure he'd be happy to do it for a regular customer like anthony.

The 1st change will probably be the paper. A major publisher will probably change it to standard comic book paper and cover stock. Which is a shame.

I think the feel and thickness of the cover really made the book unique. It was different in a good way. I hope I'm wrong and the new books will still be made the same way, but I find that doubtful from a "MAJOR" publisher.

Indeed. I will miss the "greener printing methods". The books were pretty unique in that way. Maybe no more hand stamping as well. Eager to see what's coming, though.

I thought I'd post my sketchcard from the Motor City Comicon...

Nice "fish bunny thingy" sketch, Mike. :grin:

FYI.

Mark Boss from the Yahoo Groups emailed that Jeremy Bastian OA is up for sale.

http://www.centuryguild.net/jeremy/

(thumbs u