• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cursed Pirate Girl

1,870 posts in this topic

I wonder if the sketch books were very limited like the Voices books.

I think you hit the nail on the head, since none of you serious collectors have one. I might throw it on eBay.

Or you could be a nice boardie and throw it up for auction here. :baiting:

;)

I wonder if the sketch books were very limited like the Voices books.

I think you hit the nail on the head, since none of you serious collectors have one. I might throw it on eBay.

Or you could be a nice boardie and throw it up for auction here. :baiting:

;)

let me figure out how limited this thing was, first. hm i wouldnt mind keeping it, but something has to give in my never-ending wantlist.

Someone please tell me why this particular CPG book is so valueable? It looks like a 4th print #1, but I guess it's not?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cursed-Pirate-Girl-1-EXTREMELY-RARE-ComixPress-SIGNED-Jeremy-Bastian-/250925236401?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3a6c4f40b1

I guess it pre-dates the first printed Olympian Edition which is what most people have? How many of these are out there?

Edited by returner

lol...I had a chance to buy one a long time ago for $200, but passed. Wouldn't mind having one, though. It's actually CPG #1 that pre-dates the books that came out with Olympian Publishing. The book was printed with Comixpress, which creators can go to to print books. That's how Ye Old Lore of Yore was printed, which features a reprint of the original 1st appearance of CPG in Voices #1. The difference is that the printing of the CPG #1 book was stopped a long time ago, unlike the YOLOY, which can still be printed on demand. It IS a very rare book as not many come up for sale anywhere and are little treasures when they do come up.

Depending on what type of CPG fan you are, it can be worth bucks to some (as you can see).

Hope that helps. ;)

Edited by FIREFLY

lol...I had a chance to buy one a long time ago for $200, but passed. Wouldn't mind having one, though. It's actually CPG #1 that pre-dates the books that came out with Olympian Publishing. The book was printed with Comixpress, which creators can go to to print books. That's how Ye Old Lore of Yore was printed, which features a reprint of the original 1st appearance of CPG in Voices #1. The difference is that the printing of the CPG #1 book was stopped a long time ago, unlike the YOLOY, which can still be printed on demand. It IS a very rare book as not many come up for sale anywhere and are little treasures when they do come up.

Depending on what type of CPG fan you are, it can be worth bucks to some (as you can see).

Hope that helps. ;)

Good work Julio. (thumbs u

I wish I still had the same kind of passion for L&K to answer similar type questions in that thread, the way you do here. You set a good example educating collectors.

lol

Thanks, buddy. I try. Get stumped once in awhile. Did you see the sketchbook that Detroit Mike had? Had no idea that existed. I wonder if he's still thinking about selling it. :grin:

Helps to have a good connection with the source. :cloud9:

I think it's been done already, but I was thinking of doing a summary listing of all the CPG available and maybe other CPG fans can chime in should I miss something(s). Can't wait for Jeremy to start with Archaia because it'd be interesting to see what changes will occur.

Edited by FIREFLY

I think it's been done already, but I was thinking of doing a summary listing of all the CPG available and maybe other CPG fans can chime in should I miss something(s).
(thumbs u Great idea.

Can't wait for Jeremy to start with Archaia because it'd be interesting to see what changes will occur.
:popcorn: Color?

Can't wait for Jeremy to start with Archaia because it'd be interesting to see what changes will occur.
:popcorn: Color?

Hmmm. I think it's been done before, but were never published. Maybe those were just the covers. Don't remember. But can you imagine if he does the coloring? It would take even more time for production. Should it be coloring, I'm sure they'll hook him up with a colorist.

I'm still rooting for his dream of a movie one day as directed by his choice of Del Toro. The radio show is still a long ways away.

Yeah, I've seen pics of it, but I think it had some odd release date of 2012 or 2014. Have to look it up. It had a good cast, but it's a while away. Not sure if Tom was paving the way for a future film in his overall plan, but since Jeremy is moving on, not sure how it will affect the radio show.

Well thought I would answer some ?'s before work today, well maybe I'll go to work, haven't decided. This is just the info I have:

Color? Don't think Jeremy will be doing color as he would have to take so much detail out of his work and the story. He also would do the coloring by himself if he chose to do it, sort of a hands off the baby thing. You can get a better idea of his process through the world building video and the world building video Q?A on David Peterson's blog. As for the hardcover looks like it is schedule for a March release according to Jeremy's twitter but Amazon has the pre-order date as June. I'm shooting for the June and if it comes out early I look at it as a bonus.

Changes? From my understanding part of the move to Archaia was made because they have more of an international distribution. The other was so Tom can focus on Jeremy's fine art career. Tom mentioned that a lot of Jeremy's fans have never even opened or read a comic book. They plan on showing his stuff in museums across the world and doing a big media push.

Radio Show? That I haven't heard or read much more about but I could ask Tom next time a drop him an e-mail.

Julio just let me know what you need for you list and I'll gladly help. I might know a thing or two. I only need a few more books to complete my set so that will help me as well.

Whew well when I get a chance I'll post some new goodies. I hope that helps people a little. I'll try to get some of Jeremy's stuff with color up, I have another print and I have The Guild Tink One shot where his 3 pages of the story were colored. I know on ComicArtFans he recently did a con sketch were somebody had him draw and somebody else color didn't look bad to me. Hope everybody has a good day.

Ummm... I don't know if this is an ongoing thing, but I have yet to receive my print from the kickstarter donation thingy. Anyone know what's up with these?

Wow, still no print? :( Last I heard, I think in Yahoo Groups, Olympian Publishing had shipped a large percentage of them out and were still working on them. I received mine not so long ago. I'd go ahead and email Olympian Publishing, or if you're part of the Yahoo Groups, go ahead and post a message there. I don't think you're alone on this, Joshua.

Well thought I would answer some ?'s before work today, well maybe I'll go to work, haven't decided. This is just the info I have:

Color? Don't think Jeremy will be doing color as he would have to take so much detail out of his work and the story. He also would do the coloring by himself if he chose to do it, sort of a hands off the baby thing. You can get a better idea of his process through the world building video and the world building video Q?A on David Peterson's blog. As for the hardcover looks like it is schedule for a March release according to Jeremy's twitter but Amazon has the pre-order date as June. I'm shooting for the June and if it comes out early I look at it as a bonus.

I was only thinking this because when Mouse Guard moved to Archaia, it's detailed linework got colorized. Bone benefitted with a sales boost from this with Scholastic too. I don't see bright colors if they did this, but muted ones like the work of Jay Fotos. Doing it to Jeremy's art this way wouldn't upset it too much. My 2c.

lol

Thanks, buddy. I try. Get stumped once in awhile. Did you see the sketchbook that Detroit Mike had? Had no idea that existed. I wonder if he's still thinking about selling it. :grin:

yes, he is.... but he doesn't know what it's worth? i think it would fetch $300+ on eBay but i'd rather sell it to a boardie. i've got the comixpress # 1 too. it's a solid 9.6 but it'd get one of those green labels, i guess?