• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cincinnati Comic Expo! - Sept 18, 2010 - Russ Heath, Tony Moore, Allen Bellman

146 posts in this topic

As the show nears I keep asking myself if we did enough to establish the Expo as a “Go To” event. With that said, I am asking you for one last push. It you have a Facebook account and/or twitter account please take a moment of your time to mention the Cincinnati Comic Expo happening this Saturday.

BTW, if you are coming to event I would highly recommend buying your tickets early. As of now we are approaching the 200 mark for presold tickets.

Does pre-buying a ticket guarantee me one of the sweet sweet entry posters?

Those that pre-purchase a ticket can obtain their wrist band at 9:30. Then when the doors open at 10:00 the will call line will be for those with wrist bands only while the other lines are for cash.

Once inside head over to the Show Service booth to obtain your poster of choice. We will have other goodies on the table as well. these items are buttons, posters and comics. They were donated by our good friends at DC Comics, Dark Horse, Archaia, Archie and Cartoon Funny Books. Also, the first 150 attendees to the booth receive a free go green bag courtesy of Ringtail Cafe.

If you have children bring them to the booth as well. The first 100 children to the booth receive a go green bag filled with awesome stuff donated by the above publishers and local comic shops. The best part....its all free!

We have no idea as to the number of attendance to expect on Saturday. This is the first comic event in Cincinnati since 1999. All I can say is we have been pounding away to obtain local media coverage. I learned this afternoon we scored a live interview on Channel 5's morning show the day of the event. Michael Uslan and Matt will be doing this interview at 7:25am.

BTW...When leaving the Expo we'll be handing out a survey. It is 11 questions in length. Please take a few minutes and complete the survey. It is important for us to know where we stand and gives us helpful guidance.

After Saturday I will be able to take rest. I already have thoughts for next year.

t year.

As the show nears I keep asking myself if we did enough to establish the Expo as a “Go To” event. With that said, I am asking you for one last push. It you have a Facebook account and/or twitter account please take a moment of your time to mention the Cincinnati Comic Expo happening this Saturday.

BTW, if you are coming to event I would highly recommend buying your tickets early. As of now we are approaching the 200 mark for presold tickets.

Those that pre-purchase a ticket can obtain their wrist band at 9:30. Then when the doors open at 10:00 the will call line will be for those with wrist bands only while the other lines are for cash.

I am driving in from out of town to attend this show :banana: How would I go about pre-purchasing tickets? I would love to get one of those posters too. What are my chances if I arrive at the show early but have to begin my day in the cash line with the masses at 10:00 a.m.?

I am driving in from out of town to attend this show :banana: How would I go about pre-purchasing tickets? I would love to get one of those posters too. What are my chances if I arrive at the show early but have to begin my day in the cash line with the masses at 10:00 a.m.?

Go to http://cincinnaticomicexpo.com/tickets.php to purchase your ticket. Pre-buying a ticket does not guarantee a poster. However, getting through the Will Call entrance will be quicker as wristband distribution begins an hour before show open. The posters will be at the show service table.

For those arriving early and waiting in line we have some entertainment to keep you occupied. A trivia face off will be taking place with a game show host and several lovely ladies to pull victims from the crowd. The trivia questions are all comic related. Prizes are gift cards and merchandise to the vendors inside. This will be done by a PA system so everyone in line can listen in.

We have no idea what to expect on attendance. I will say the show floor can handle 2,000 people at one time. So arrive early.

Go to http://cincinnaticomicexpo.com/tickets.php to purchase your ticket. Pre-buying a ticket does not guarantee a poster. However, getting through the Will Call entrance will be quicker as wristband distribution begins an hour before show open. The posters will be at the show service table.

For those arriving early and waiting in line we have some entertainment to keep you occupied. A trivia face off will be taking place with a game show host and several lovely ladies to pull victims from the crowd. The trivia questions are all comic related. Prizes are gift cards and merchandise to the vendors inside. This will be done by a PA system so everyone in line can listen in.

We have no idea what to expect on attendance. I will say the show floor can handle 2,000 people at one time. So arrive early.

Thank you for your response. This looks to be like a real grass-roots, old-school comic convention!

All in all, this was a really good one day show. The Cintas Center was a good venue and the crowd looked to be pretty good. There were a lot of artist there but maybe too few dealers. Given that it was Andy's first effort at putting together a con and it was the first con inCincy since 1999, it was a truely impressive effort. A bigger venue and a few more dealers and I think it could easily be a two-day event.

On the boardie side, I met seanfingh for the first time and pirate for the who-knows-how-many time. I saw Andy/Buck Biggins but didn't bug him since he looked uber busy. I even bought $40 worth of really nice $-bin fodder.

All in all, this was a really good one day show. The Cintas Center was a good venue and the crowd looked to be pretty good. There were a lot of artist there but maybe too few dealers. Given that it was Andy's first effort at putting together a con and it was the first con inCincy since 1999, it was a truely impressive effort. A bigger venue and a few more dealers and I think it could easily be a two-day event.

On the boardie side, I met seanfingh for the first time and pirate for the who-knows-how-many time. I saw Andy/Buck Biggins but didn't bug him since he looked uber busy. I even bought $40 worth of really nice $-bin fodder.

Good show, but I echo the dealer comment. Maybe next year there will be a few more once word gets out :wishluck:

I loved it!

going into this show, I must admit, I had low expectations. I figured the show would be along the lines of Mid-Ohio con. but thankfully, I was wrong.

I set up a booth to sell some books and I sold a TON of Silver Age DCs from that last original owner collection I picked up, (still have a bunch left) and I sold a fair amount from the few dollar boxes that I brought, everyone was very friendly and they all seemed very excited to finally have a decent comic con in Cincinnati.

If I'd known it was going to be such a good show, I would have brought more things to sell, such as a few original art pieces, trades, more books, etc. however, I am VERY happy with my sales.