• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cincinnati Comic Expo! - Sept 18, 2010 - Russ Heath, Tony Moore, Allen Bellman

146 posts in this topic

If anyone wants to make some money and somehow get me a Tony Moore sketch, please PM me.

I really want one. :foryou:

Please PM me,

John

unless it has changed, Tony has only been doing sketch cards at shows. some incident or something.

[font:Arial Black]DC Comics Legend Murphy Anderson coming to Cincinnati Comic Expo[/font]

The Cincinnati Comic Expo is honored to add another industry legend to its growing list of guest for its inaugural show. Murphy Anderson is a Hall of Fame artist with over 50 years experience being a penciller and inker for companies such as DC Comics.

Murphy Anderson started working in the Golden Age of Comic Books, 1930-40’s. He has worked on such characters as Hawkman, Batgirl, Zatanna and the Spectre, as well as on the Buck Rogers daily syndicated newspaper comic strip. Anderson also created what many fans consider to be early defining images of the modern-day Flash, Adam Strange, Atom, Superman and Batman. His accolades include the 1962 Alley Award for Best Inker; a 1963 Alley for Artist Preferred on Justice League of America; 1964 Alleys for Best Inking Artist and for Best Comic Book Cover (Detective Comics #329, with penciler Carmine Infantino); 1965 Alleys for, again, Best Inking Artist and Best Comic Book Cover (The Brave and the Bold #61), as well as for Best Novel (an untitled story in Showcase #55, with writer Gardner Fox). He was inducted into the Jack Kirby Hall of Fame in 1988.

As of the mid-2000s, he oversees Murphy Anderson Visual Concepts, which provides color separations and lettering for comic books.

Murphy Anderson is just the most recent name to join the ranks of guests attending the Cincinnati Comic Expo.

Other awesome talent you’ll see at the show include:

-Michael Uslan (Executive Producer of every Batman movie and comic book historian)

-Allen Bellman (Timely/Marvel artist from the Golden Age)

-Russ Heath (DC artist from the Silver Age)

-Tony Moore (Walking Dead, Fear Agent)

-Dave Aikins (Nickelodeon Publishing)

-Eric Adams (Lackluster World, Reflection)

-Steve Scott (Green Lantern, X-Men Forever)

-David Michael Beck (Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, Image)

-Clint Basinger (Cosmic Moustache Comics)

-Andy Bennett (Kolchak the Night Stalker / Sherlock Holmes)

-Josh Blair (Candy or Medicine)

-Dustin Carson (No Gods)

-Sean Forney (Scarlet Huntress, Star Wars)

-Daniel Frazier (The Adventures of Nightclaw & Prowler, Old World Comics)

-Allen Freeman (Slambag, Fan–Atic Press)

-Joe Gentile (Moonstone Publisher, Sherlock Holmes/Kolchak: Cry of Thunder)

-Todd Goodman (The Powers That Be!, Old World Comics)

-Terry Huddleston (Big Bang Comics)

-Lora Innes (The Dreamer)

-Mike Maydak (1782: The Year of Blood)

-Michael Neno (The Mesh, Freak Cave)

-Moonstone Publishing (Captain Action, Domino Lady and many more titles)

-Jeff Preston (Old School Illustrator)

-Luke Smarto (Fangirl, Pillow Fight)

-Uko Smith (DC Legacy, FX- The Lost Land)

-David Uslan (Graphic.ly)

-Thom Zahler (Love and Capes)

The show will run from 10:00am to 5:00pm on Saturday, September 18, 2010.

Admission is $7 for adults, $5 for students with an ID, and children under 10 are free with a paying adult. Parking is free around the Cintas Center. There will be comics, graphic novels, cards, toys, and a costume contest. The public is invited to check out http://www.cincinnaticomicexpo.com/ for details and updates.

Dealers will be there to buy, sell, and trade. Tables are still available. Please check out www.cincinnaticomicexpo.com/registration.php

Check us out on Facebook as Cincinnati Comic Expo to get the most up the date announcements.

If your trying to build suspense, congratulations you succeeded. lol

I'll be checking out the site throughout the night. ;)

He should have done a one hour announcement special on national television ;)

Ok is cgc ss on board for this one?

I might be attending this show as a faciliator or working for CGC to take submissions. The specifics are still being worked out and have been for quite somet time with Andrew. Will let you know more as it becomes available.