• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cincinnati Comic Expo! - Sept 18, 2010 - Russ Heath, Tony Moore, Allen Bellman

146 posts in this topic

Ask and receive. Allen provide the pencils and Dan Davis did the inking.

300 of these cool posters will be given away for free at the show. We also have a variant to this poster.

Its funny you asked about the posters becasue I picked them up from the printer today.

CinciBellmanPOSTER1_lowrez.jpg

Cincinnati Comic Expo Teams Up with nSixty for Costume Contest Videos

The Cincinnati Comic Expo has teamed up with local event marketing company nSixty to provide a fully automated video recording station for the Expo’s guests to share their experience. This marks the first time ever that a comic convention has used this technology for its fans.

nSixty’s unique technology allows users to record a video that is instantly sent to them via e-mail and uploaded to a customized website. From there, users can share that video on Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites.

The nSixty video recording station is a perfect addition to the Cincinnati Comic Expo’s costume contest. Record a video message showing off your awesome costume and share it with your friends on your Facebook, Twitter or other social networking page. Other guests can record a video talking about the great time they’re having at the show, the cool stuff they picked up and all of the amazing guests they’ve met.

nSixty is based in downtown Cincinnati and has worked with clients such as Jeep, Dodge, Major League Baseball Network, Procter & Gamble, the Cincinnati Reds and Comp TIA.

Learn more about nSixty at http://www.nsixtyproject.com and see the videos at http://www.nsixty.com. The Kiosk will be located next to the Cincinnati Comic Expo show booth.

nSixty_kiosk.jpg

Anybody have suggestions on how to incorporate marketing this with show. The issue hits newstands 3 days before the Cincinnati Comic Expo. I already received emails from the local media about our involvement and if we have anything plannned.

Superman is coming to Cincinnati.

In issue No. 703 of DC Comics’ Superman, due out Sept. 15, the marvel of Metropolis will touch down in Porkopolis, “home of baseball’s Reds and the NFL’s Bengals and one of the largest historic districts in the country,” says The Source, DC Comics’ official blog – offering possible clues as to where the Man of Steel will stop here.

Cincinnati is the third stop on Superman’s walking tour of the nation, after Philadelphia and Detroit, in a new storyline titled “Grounded.” In the 12-issue series, Superman attempts to reconnect with his adopted home and the people who inhabit it.

DC held a contest for Superman fans to nominate a city for inclusion in the “Grounded” storyline, but it’s not clear whether DC writers had already planned to include Cincinnati in the series or whether they chose it because readers campaigned for Cincinnati.

Geoff Hoffman, owner of Queen City Comics in Pleasant Ridge and Fairfield, speculates that part of the reason DC chose Cincinnati is because Union Terminal served as the inspiration for the Hall of Justice in ABC’s “Super Friends” cartoon.

In any case, Hoffman expects to sell hundreds of copies of issue No. 703, compared to the three dozen Superman issues he usually sells each month.

“This thing’s gonna be huge,” he says.

Anybody have suggestions on how to incorporate marketing this with show. The issue hits newstands 3 days before the Cincinnati Comic Expo. I already received emails from the local media about our involvement and if we have anything plannned.

Some form of fund raising walk - perhaps try to tie it in with a radio station like Rewind or WGRR? Or at the least, someone in costume walking high traffic areas around town...Fountain Square at lunch, the malls, Great American before a Reds game or PBS before the Bengals?

For the Tony Moore fans out there…

I talked to Kara today and you guys are in for a real treat. They plan on bringing original art, prints, buttons, t-shirts and other new items to the show. She is going to send me a list once it’s all put together including pricing. Tony will also be doing sketch cards for $25.

They are really excited about the show and I look forward to seeing all the fans.

Sean Harmon and Pirate Comics

Alton "The Dude" Comics

Ryan Talyor with Comic-2-Games

Brain Livingston Comics

Up Up and Away Comics

Comic Book World

Bell, Book and Comics

Dave Pruitt Comics

Clifton Comics and Games

Douglas Hancock Comics

Rockin Rooster Comics

Charles Bond Comics

Glen Wood Comics

These people will be selling gaming

Art of War, Gaming & Minatures

Yottaquest

This looks like a killer show that should do well in Cincinnati.

I'm waiting to hear the dates for next year when it will be a 2 day show so I can book early.

If not for another commitment on that weekend I would definitely be at this show.

Congrats to Andrew for putting together a first rate Con!

Leroy

Thanks Leroy for the kind words. Wish you could come up for it.

The support from the local shops has been unreal. Six local stores are setting up and all the others have flyers in their windows and postcards by the register. Yesterday I went to the University and taped flyers around the neighborhood. Next week I have the Expo entered into the Harvest Home Parade. I rented the Batmobile to drive behind our banner.

We have a small advertising budget and are trying to score all the free press we can. My cohort in this was a Channel 5 news producer for 10 years. His contacts really helped us score some free press. We have 2 interviews running in the paper the week before the show and several interviews already taped for radio. Plus my father in-law (morning disc jockey for the largest FM station) will talk about the show several times the week before.

So I’m doing all I can to get the word out. Clifton Comics asked every customer yesterday about the Expo and everyone was aware of the show and planned on attending. So the word is getting out.

Cincinnati deserves a good show. For a city this large to not even have a tiny local show has bewildered me over the years. So after years of waiting I decided to go full steam at it.

As to 2011? Let me get this year completed first.

I'll be bringing a bunch of 50 cent boxes with modern overstock, couple short boxes with silver and bronze, hot moderns/coppers, lots of $5 trades. Sean will have a bunch of slabs for sale and also some raw stuff.

my 12 year old will be running my booth, so say hi to little pirate.

Board members get 20% off my stuff.

The September issue of Cincinnati Magazine has hit the newstands and the Cincinnati Comic Expo was a featured event in the calendar section. How awesome is that? The magazine has a distribution of about 50,000 - 60,000 so that should help get the word out to locals.

CinMagCover.jpg

CinMagInside1.jpg

CinMagInside2.jpg