• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,510 posts in this topic

On 7/21/2021 at 8:42 AM, Wolverinex said:

I love your action figures.  Do you own Shredder? 

https://shop.sternpinball.com/products/neca-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-crate

I don’t.  I don’t have too many.  I have all of Series 1 and 2 of the NECA 2 packs.  Except for the Casey Jones, which I still need.  I have an unpunched 1989 Casey Jones, and a few other miscellaneous figs.  Only the stuff I really liked when I was a kid.

On 7/21/2021 at 1:47 PM, mikeyc67 said:

Supergirl and the girl of steel arrived today

CA02FCB4-EEFC-49F4-9260-AF5F403ED758.jpeg

67619CE7-F97E-4E0F-94B3-7DA236479BB8.jpeg

Man that is nice, keepers!

On 7/21/2021 at 3:00 PM, Bradley Phillips said:

I really like this cover.

20210721_122903-1.jpg

That is good looking too :)

On 7/21/2021 at 6:03 PM, MattTheDuck said:

I told the story somewhere around here of having met a guy probably 30-35 years ago who bought this issue at an LCS but couldn't really afford it and offered it to me at the price he paid - $40.  At that time, I hadn't spent that much on any comic so I turned him down.  Just mind-boggling.

Anyway, water over the dam.  In today's mail courtesy of @ft88

ASM - 43.jpg

I chose this one too, I'd love a #42, centered copy though CONGRATS!

BUNCH OF KEEPERS 

On 7/21/2021 at 8:19 PM, skyline23 said:

just got this in the mail today :) 

Note: Moderators, I posted this as well in the AF15 club thread,so I  apologize if posting similar content in multiple threads is breaking any forum rules, and please delete this reply if it is..Like many collectors, AF15 has been my grail book since I was a kid, so I was just so excited to get this lower grade but clean, well presenting copy in the mail and wanted to share it :bigsmile:

Screenshot 2021-07-21 5.46.44 PM.png

B-e-a-utiful!!!

Post away!

On 7/21/2021 at 9:19 PM, skyline23 said:

just got this in the mail today :) 

Note: Moderators, I posted this as well in the AF15 club thread,so I  apologize if posting similar content in multiple threads is breaking any forum rules, and please delete this reply if it is..Like many collectors, AF15 has been my grail book since I was a kid, so I was just so excited to get this lower grade but clean, well presenting copy in the mail and wanted to share it :bigsmile:

Screenshot 2021-07-21 5.46.44 PM.png

There's no rule prohibiting posting the same stuff in multiple threads. You could post it 100 times if you wish. 

On 7/22/2021 at 2:10 PM, MGsimba77 said:

There's no rule prohibiting posting the same stuff in multiple threads. You could post it 100 times if you wish. 

Unless it's an X-Men 4 3.0 best looking ever!!!!

On 7/22/2021 at 4:15 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Heck, I've posted the same thing in the same thread!  It's the Wild West, baby!

Do you submit any of your books? I don't think I've seen you post any slabs. They all look great anyway. That goes double for the FFs!

Edited by MGsimba77

On 7/22/2021 at 1:26 PM, MGsimba77 said:

Do you submit any of your books? I don't think I've seen you post any slabs. They all look great anyway. That goes double for the FFs!

I have purchased slabs (only about 10) but have never submitted.  I "returned" to this hobby only toward the end of 2020 after decades away, so "slab" and the grading system used by CGC is completely new territory to me.  In the long run, I probably will submit some books, esp ASM 129 and IH 181, but I want to wait until things settle down a bit.

By and large, the books I bought between 1972 and 1974 were either roughly treated by their previous owner or in some cases by me.  The "quality" of the book didn't mean anything to me.  "Having" a book did.  Unfortunately.  I wised up a little - at least for books I bought off the newsstand - about 1975.  This time around I'm trying to buy quality, which means expensive of course. :)

On 7/22/2021 at 2:38 PM, MattTheDuck said:

The "quality" of the book didn't mean anything to me.  "Having" a book did. 

This echoes most of my hobby, even to this day.

Any grade is better than not having a sought-after book.

On 7/22/2021 at 4:38 PM, MattTheDuck said:

so "slab" and the grading system used by CGC is completely new territory to me. 

It's new territory for alot of people... the prevailing theory going around is the hotter the market gets the more dings and dents get found by the graders lol 

9.6 is the new 9.8 and so on