• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,475 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, TroyT7986 said:

1st Full MJ Watson

Image 01 - Amazing Spiderman #42 - 1st complete appearance of Mary Jane; 2nd appearance of

Image 2 - Amazing Spiderman #42 - 1st complete appearance of Mary Jane; 2nd appearance of

Image 3 - Amazing Spiderman #42 - 1st complete appearance of Mary Jane; 2nd appearance of

Image 4 - Amazing Spiderman #42 - 1st complete appearance of Mary Jane; 2nd appearance of

Man that's the last of the cameos and etc that I need!

I once made an offer and got a counter, should have taken it while I could!

Just an fyi I believe that cgc has #43 as 1st full and 42 as still a cameo

But it's the famous line and thusly very important!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Man that's the last of the cameos and etc that I need!

I once made an offer and got a counter, should have taken it while I could!

Just an fyi I believe that cgc has #43 as 1st full and 42 as still a cameo

Just went by Comicspriceguide.com

Says: 1st Complete Mary Jane Watson Appearance (3rd if you count the partials)

Just now, TroyT7986 said:

Just went by Comicspriceguide.com

Says: 1st Complete Mary Jane Watson Appearance (3rd if you count the partials)

yes it is the issue where I believe she says her famous line "face it tiger, you hit the jackpot!"

I'm just letting you know what the cgc label says, it could be up for debate, but its just an fyi as far as cgc :)

but still remains the last I need and with that dark cover, hard in grade! Congrats! :x 

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

yes it is the issue where I believe she says her famous line "face it tiger, you hit the jackpot!"

I'm just letting you know what the cgc label says, it could be up for debate, but its just an fyi as far as cgc :)

but still remains the last I need and with that dark cover, hard in grade! Congrats! :x 

PM sent

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I literally just bought it off eBay, there are a few cover tears which would significantly impact the grade so probably won't ever bother having it graded, but the inside pages are very clean. Not bad at all for a 1966 comic.

47 minutes ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

Doc-man: that book is purrrty regardless of the grade. Congrats! I've been wanting one of these for years, and finally got an opportunity to snag it. I've got mine on full display in the cave - can't hide this Kirby masterpiece.  Enjoy it!

Thank you!  Just got mine today!  About as classic as you can get.  I’ve got a neat Thor/Surfer setup brewing, just need to add a couple more pieces.

38 minutes ago, Math Teacher said:

I got this book this week from an online company called ShortBoxed. I'm now down to #105 (first Mirror Master), #110 (first Weather Wizard), #117 (first Captain Boomerang), #139 (first Professor Zoom), and #140 (first Heat Wave). I'm afraid that Showcase #8, #13, and #14 are going to be out of my reach.

Flash106.thumb.jpg.56f4431f2ad4e7e59dd598ccec4e11e7.jpg

Such a great book.. Congrats.

9 minutes ago, Dageaux38 said:

A few Silvers I just received back from CGC after 4 and a half months. Pressed and cleaned by moi. The Iron man #5 cover had small tears across the top bec of the over hang. Pretty much happy with the grades!

Nick Fury #2.jpg

Iron man #5.jpg

Iron Man #14.jpg

JLA #20.jpg

Daredevil #43.jpg

Fantasy Masterpiece #1.jpg

Nick Fury #2.jpg

X-Men #31.jpg

Catptain America #108.jpg

Captain America #102.jpg

X-Men #26.jpg

X-Men #32.jpg

Incredible Hulk #111.jpg

That's quite a lot! Looks great :) I'd have had a hard time finding that high of grade pressed or not lol 

Congrats