• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,513 posts in this topic

On 5/10/2023 at 8:51 PM, Math Teacher said:

Incredible Hulk #3 CGC 3.5 from an IG user. This now gives me a complete run of Incredible Hulk #1 - #6. If you would have told me ten years ago that I would own IH #1 - #6, I would have said you were on crack. I hope to post a group picture later this week.

Also, if I even post a comic book picture that is perfectly aligned, that is a sure sign that the apocalypse is upon us. lol

IH3.thumb.jpg.ad8fe5da461851e9a7c30566cbfcb598.jpg

:x

On 5/12/2023 at 5:34 PM, Math Teacher said:

I only need eight issues to complete my goal of owning the first ten issues of the early Marvel SA issues.

Amazing Spider-Man: Complete.
Avengers: Complete.
Daredevil: Complete.
Fantastic Four: Complete.
Incredible Hulk: Complete.
Journey into Mystery: Missing issues #87, #88, #89, and #91.
Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandos: Complete.
Strange Tales: Missing issues #106 and #107.
Tales of Suspense: Missing issue #45.
Tales to Astonish: Missing issue #36.
X-Men: Complete.

The eight remaining issues are relatively affordable, but I can't get over the asking price for JiM #88 and JiM #89.

Congrats on the progress!

On 5/12/2023 at 5:34 PM, Math Teacher said:

I only need eight issues to complete my goal of owning the first ten issues of the early Marvel SA issues.

Amazing Spider-Man: Complete.
Avengers: Complete.
Daredevil: Complete.
Fantastic Four: Complete.
Incredible Hulk: Complete.
Journey into Mystery: Missing issues #87, #88, #89, and #91.
Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandos: Complete.
Strange Tales: Missing issues #106 and #107.
Tales of Suspense: Missing issue #45.
Tales to Astonish: Missing issue #36.
X-Men: Complete.

The eight remaining issues are relatively affordable, but I can't get over the asking price for JiM #88 and JiM #89.

From a scarcity standpoint I'm kinda shocked that you've already wrapped up Sgt. Fury ... this is already an impressive feat!

I'm assuming your Strange Tales run is #101-110, not #101-119 to include the first ten Doctor Strange appearances?  Only asking because some of the issues in the 110s are tough to track down as well.

Also not surprised that JIM is among the toughest to complete ... those books are highly sought after.  But you'll get there!

On 5/12/2023 at 10:57 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

From a scarcity standpoint I'm kinda shocked that you've already wrapped up Sgt. Fury ... this is already an impressive feat!

I'm assuming your Strange Tales run is #101-110, not #101-119 to include the first ten Doctor Strange appearances?  Only asking because some of the issues in the 110s are tough to track down as well.

Also not surprised that JIM is among the toughest to complete ... those books are highly sought after.  But you'll get there!

Other than the series I had already completed (ASM, Avengers, DD, FF, XM), Sgt. Fury was the first to finish. To be honest, I thought IH would be the hardest to finish.

Also, you are correct about ST being just #101 - #110. The Human Torch stories in some of those issues are painful to read.