• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,510 posts in this topic

Hepcat,

I love your Rip Hunters. I also have a high-grade run from 1-10, minus issue 2. I bought them all from Sparkle City Comics. That sure was a long time ago! I'll dig them out and post them all. I love looking at your copies. Fantastic collection of an underrated character!

SLR

Edited by Stevenrams

Tales of Suspense #70 • October 1965 • July 1965 newsstand

TOS70FOct65.jpg

I've always sort of dismissed this issue as common but, the more I look at this cover, the more I've come to view it as iconic.

The first "Captain America" cover in his own book since 1954. First "non-split" TOS cover since issue #59.

Patsy Walker #117 • October 1964 • August 1964 newsstand

PW117FOct64.jpg

Courtesy of gmci2112. Thanks, Ray.

A little gem of a period piece. Confused Patsy can't decide between Buzz or Dr. Trent as her true love. A jealous WAC leads Patsy astray but Patsy and Buzz are in each others arms by the end of the book. And while Dr. Trent still tugs at her heartstrings, Patsy's wise father consoles her with the knowledge that confusion is a part of any budding relationship and she'll recognize true love when it arrives.

Sigh ... :cloud9:

JIM 83, TOS 39, X-Men 1.

Although I really ought to complete my Spidery collection first...

All great choices (thumbs u (especially JIM #83 :whistle: ) !

In my case, I already finished buying up all the major SA Marvel keys a year ago (except Sgt. Fury #1).

I also managed to complete my Steve Ditko run of Spidey last year as well.

Since then, I've been concentrating on getting the major SA DC keys (as you may have noticed in some of the threads recently ;) ).