• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,507 posts in this topic

Just in. Been after a decent copy of this book for a while, finally snagged one. :)

1963ASM002-1060f-2.jpg

NICE.....I still need one of those in that grade....but so pricey. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Cgc marks to hard on the arrival dates it looks awesome and nice paper to boot!

I wasn't aware CGC penalised a book for an arrival date, is this true? (shrug)

Can anyone confirm this either way?

Not true at all. At least, not for stamped arrival dates or other innocuous pencil / grease pen markings.

Large, ugly arrival dates will have some effect, as will store stamps in some cases.

Cgc marks to hard on the arrival dates it looks awesome and nice paper to boot!

I wasn't aware CGC penalised a book for an arrival date, is this true? (shrug)

Can anyone confirm this either way?

Not true at all. At least, not for stamped arrival dates or other innocuous pencil / grease pen markings.

Large, ugly arrival dates will have some effect, as will store stamps in some cases.

I thought not. Thanks for taking the time to confirm this (thumbs u

Yeah, colors do look a little off but at least the scans are crystal clear. Just play around with the color a little and hopefully you can get them right. I have the opposite problem. My colors come out pretty good but no matter how much I play with it, I just can't get my scans anywhere near as clear as yours there. I've messed with it for hours and hours and hours and for the life of me, I just can't get them anywhere near as clear as how yours came out :frustrated:

Yeah, colors do look a little off but at least the scans are crystal clear. Just play around with the color a little and hopefully you can get them right. I have the opposite problem. My colors come out pretty good but no matter how much I play with it, I just can't get my scans anywhere near as clear as yours there. I've messed with it for hours and hours and hours and for the life of me, I just can't get them anywhere near as clear as how yours came out :frustrated:

I have a couple more books coming in soon, so will have a play with the colors then. I think mine being crystal clear was more down to luck than good management

:grin:

Here is my most recent SA comic and i am having a dilemma over it and need your opinion.

This is the IM&SM from the Diamond Run/Collection.

Now that CGC isnt recognizing this as a pedigree anymore, I am at a crossroads on whether or not to have it slabbed. It is a great looking book and i could probably get it back as a 7.5 or so, but it will not have the pedigree notation on it that it would have a few years ago.

Opinion?

Iron Man and Sub-Mariner 1 - Diamond Run

Here is my most recent SA comic and i am having a dilemma over it and need your opinion.

This is the IM&SM from the Diamond Run/Collection.

Now that CGC isnt recognizing this as a pedigree anymore, I am at a crossroads on whether or not to have it slabbed. It is a great looking book and i could probably get it back as a 7.5 or so, but it will not have the pedigree notation on it that it would have a few years ago.

Opinion?

Iron Man and Sub-Mariner 1 - Diamond Run

My opinion is that it is a great looking book. If its not a ped and not an uber grade, don't slab it yourself. Leave it as is and enjoy.

That is all.