• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,554 posts in this topic

one of my silver pursuits right now is to get nice-grade copies of the first issue i bought off the spinner-racks of the given marvel titles i collected as a kid. i can remember the purchases, oddly enuff. anyway, here's the first dd i grabbed in '64---bought the same day i snagged spidey 16.

daredevil3.jpg

got another of those first issues off the rack last nite. just a couple to go now.

jim107.jpg

Billy you are doing the same thing I have done in the past year or so.

The comic bug really hit me hard the 1st time in the Summer of 1964. I bought about 10 books off the spinner racks then (I was 10 years old) and I still remember each and every issue. All were Marvel's except for one DC which was World's Finest #143.

The hardest one to find in nice condition recently was ASM Ann. #1 which I did find with the help of a "Boardie" who sold me his CGC 9.2 copy last year (Thank you Peter Loves Gwen). :headbang:

You are basically one to two months earlier than me because here was my list of books purchased on the same day off the rack.

ASM Ann. #1, DD #4, ASM #18, FF #31, FF #32, JIM #109, AV #8, AV #9, Sgt. Fury #10, TOS #58, TOS #59, TTA #61, ST #126, X-Men #8, & WF #143.

As you can see a couple of books were not sold and stayed on the rack a little longer without being taken off??? Which is why I was able to pick up two copies each of AV, FF, and TOS on the same day!!!

To this day ASM Ann. #1 remains my all-time favorite book. :cloud9:

picked up a beautiful copy of one of my fave late s.a. books from a boardie. as great as the cover is, it's even better inside.

cap113.jpg

....yeah, for about the first 10 years, the House of Ideas never ceased to pull something fresh out of their sleeves. I miss that period. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Hello everyone,

I've been collecting for years but never realized the awesome forum that you all have gping on here. Here's one if my new grabs from yesterday here in my local town. I couldn't resist, especially at the price the guy sold it to me.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Hello everyone,

I've been collecting for years but never realized the awesome forum that you all have gping on here. Here's one if my new grabs from yesterday here in my local town. I couldn't resist, especially at the price the guy sold it to me.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Congrats on the addition to your collection. That's a great book. And welcome to the boards!

picked up a beautiful copy of one of my fave late s.a. books from a boardie. as great as the cover is, it's even better inside.

cap113.jpg

....yeah, for about the first 10 years, the House of Ideas never ceased to pull something fresh out of their sleeves. I miss that period. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Straw-Man-Dude...you're on a roll! :headbang: