• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry's All Star #8 better pics

1,135 posts in this topic

I'm here. i know as much as you guys do.

I know this situation sucks but hang in there Matt. Look at the bright side, if this hadn't all happened you'd probably never met us :tonofbricks:

I can say that your posts here and the resulting discussion do show up in internet searches and are doing some well deserved harm to Bob's reputation.

And this is a classic illustration as to how Bob manages to keep reasonably nice ebay feedback. By the time you realize his folksy charm, ramblin stories and creative excuses are ultimately nothing but excuses, it's too late to leave him the feedback he deserves.

Can you tell us more about your conversation with Bob? Bob claims to have sent your pulps through a third party? Did he say when he sent them? Did he have any new, creative excuses for the failure to deliver?

I believe the latest excuse is that he showed up at the warehouse to get the books but this was at the entrance to his unit.

bear-riding-abraham-lincoln-with-laser-eyes-14976-400x250.jpg

ETA: for those who can't tell. That is a bear, holding an American Flag, wearing a top hat and monocle, and apparently a fancy mustache, riding the 16th President of the United States. Who, btw is shooting lasers from his eyes.

I believe the latest excuse is that he showed up at the warehouse to get the books but this was at the entrance to his unit.

bear-riding-abraham-lincoln-with-laser-eyes-14976-400x250.jpg

ETA: for those who can't tell. That is a bear, holding an American Flag, wearing a top hat and monocle, and apparently a fancy mustache, riding the 16th President of the United States. Who, btw is shooting lasers from his eyes.

In view of the groundbreaking vintage research that BLB is contributing to this great nation of ours, perhaps we should cut him some slack on this one.

Here's a sneak peek at the next Beerbohm Breakthrough...

lincoln_shot_first.jpg

The cork soaker has the nerve to post "Never be afraid to stand for what's right" in reference to his BS attacks on CGC.....

https://www.facebook.com/robert.beerbohm?fref=ts

He's got time to post on facebook. Trips to the post office to do what's "right"? That's a tough one for the champion of "right".

The cork soaker has the nerve to post "Never be afraid to stand for what's right" in reference to his BS attacks on CGC.....

He's got time to post on facebook. Trips to the post office to do what's "right"? That's a tough one for the champion of "right".

He's got thousands of friends listed on his facebook page also. Must have taken a heck of a long to to accept all those requests. I see some names on there that I would bet wish they weren't.

I am sick to my stomach seeing all the "shared" friends I have with him.

I know not a single one of them would stay on that friend list if they knew what was going on...

Well, they may know what's going on, but they don't have a leg to stand on as far as defending this type of B.S.

A lot of the people I know on that list are very reputable people.

I know not a single one of them would stay on that friend list if they knew what was going on...

:gossip: since the page is (or at least was at one point) access restricted to friends, you have to be a friend to see it... doesnt mean the support him.

Please post screen shots...I'm cut off from Bob's Facebook page.

Is anyone here close with or know the Widow Bails? We have Matthews details and even copies of his paypal information to give to Bleeding Cool to back up the story, but we don't really have the full story of what happened to her and how much she is out (I heard it was quite a sum)

A lot of the people I know on that list are very reputable people.

Of course - all part of the BLB insulating house-of-cards that he has so carefully crafted over time.

Quite remarkable, really...

0bb97541-5cda-423e-8109-55dd9daac726_zpsf5df06d1.jpg

Pretty sad. It's so, so obvious that sending the buyer's pulps or refunding his money is the right thing to do. Meanwhile Bob plays the martyr and fiddles on facebook.

Pretty sad. It's so, so obvious that sending the buyer's pulps or refunding his money is the right thing to do. Meanwhile Bob plays the martyr and fiddles on facebook.

The problem is that he doesn't have them. My understanding is he listed and sold many of the books Matt had bought (i.e. he double dipped) plus he seems to operate like a ponzi scheme. He defrauds person A to pay person B and so on, so Matt can't get reimbursed until someone else gets taken.

:gossip: since the page is (or at least was at one point) access restricted to friends, you have to be a friend to see it... doesnt mean the support him.

Not talking about his anti-cgc screed page...his regular friends page.

This is how I imagine the recipe came about

1 part bad records keeping in the first place (leading to part of Matt's order not being in the BLB inventory at time of sale)

1 part Bob using Matt's payment as soon as he got it for whatever (bills, inventory, new warehouse payments)

1 part "oh I cant fill this order completely, and I dont have the liquid capital to refund the difference"

1 part BLB tries to sell some of the more valuable books on ebay so he can raise enough money for when he has to do a partial refund to Matt.

Everything else to me is inconsequential, innuendo, immaterial, and delay tactics.

BLB cant fill the original order and doesnt have the scratch to refund the ammount he'd have to pony up for Matt. So he keeps delaying in hopes that there are enough ebay sales to total up to Matts partial or full refund.

Is anyone here close with or know the Widow Bails? We have Matthews details and even copies of his paypal information to give to Bleeding Cool to back up the story, but we don't really have the full story of what happened to her and how much she is out (I heard it was quite a sum)

Bails may not even fully realize that she has been fleeced - her original Facebook post declaring Bob hasn't paid her substantial funds (going on years now, for her deceased husband's books) was apparently deleted.

Not knowing the details of her family or finances, for all we know BLB may still hold sway over her as a "trusted friend and advisor". He can then lie, deny, and merely wait for her to die (in order to keep all the money for himself - the con man's trademark).

I just checked, and BLB is still listing some of Jerry Bails All-Stars on his ebay site. The man has no shame whatsoever, but then some of us knew that already.

Please post screen shots...I'm cut off from Bob's Facebook page.

Beerbong_zps09b22b53.jpg