• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry's All Star #8 better pics

1,135 posts in this topic

matt can make his own thead, but why...so a bunch of Psychobabblers can destroy another thead. We must take a STAND sometime against them. why not here?

what the hell is this, besides being the last 5 letters of your 8-letter nickname?

straw man here is some advice for you....the more open your mind ...the bigger your world will become......

The absurdity of this is mindboggling.

matt can make his own thead, but why...so a bunch of Psychobabblers can destroy another thead. We must take a STAND sometime against them. why not here?

what the hell is this, besides being the last 5 letters of your 8-letter nickname?

straw man here is some advice for you....the more open your mind ...the bigger your world will become......

The absurdity of this is mindboggling.

Some might call it psychobabble.

1. The pulps aren't in transit. They aren't in a warehouse in New York City, they aren't on a truck on I-80, they aren't in Bob's warehouse in Nebraska. They can't go to Matt because they have been sold to other people.

2. Matt is far far far more patient than I would ever be. Not that I'm suggesting anything, but I would have called my good friend Mark Zaid about six months ago. $3,600 is a relatively large chunk of change.

3. Anyone defending Bob at this point is - at best - naive. I frankly don't care how many years Bob has been selling comics and how wonderful he is and how great it is that he found Adventures of Olbadiah Oldbuck and how he opened the first store in San Francisco blah blah blah blah blah blah. Who cares? How is that relevant?

4. Just to be clear, let us review. A customer made an order for $3,600 nine months ago and the seller didn't ship it. If this was any other business we would uniformly be on the customer's side. Businesses in this country get crushed on Yelp for things that are significantly less bad than this customer service nightmare. Hell, Bob's lucky his business won't fold because of it.

5. I sell lots of comics. I'd be more than happy to (1) put up some cash to help compensate Matt for his loss and (2) spread the word to all the people I know. Just ridiculous.

I agree Dan...top to bottom.

I was starting to think this was the Bizarro thread where common sense was being called psychobabble and psychobabble was being called common sense.

It's amazing the lengths people will go to to NOT state the clear and obvious facts of how Matt has been stolen from in this transaction. Money gone, no product and no proof of shipment to show for it.

If Mitch is gonna be repping Bob on the Boards, spiritually or otherwise, then I think both of them should be brought up for the PL and/or the HoS. I know I personally would never trust either with a dollar and I hope no one else would as well.

That's ridiculous. Being put on the HOS or PL for simply defending someone? Come on.

Id but or sell with Mitch with no qualms whatsoever. Defending a friend IMO much too far... doesn't mean you aren't trustworthy yourself.

Let's talk about associations...

We have a board member whose two best collecting buddies are a known scammer who fails to pay for books he wins (Theo Holstein) and a man who has a history of undisclosed restoration on books and who steals money from customers by never shipping books.

Yet this member is the most popular topic of conversation in the GA forum and almost everyone seems to take him as being serious with his statements as opposed to seeing they are being played. The fool makes a fool of everyone.

But that's the last I will say least I sound like a broken record. Just let this troll slip into the obscurity he deserves before one of his friends catches you in one of their scams.

In keeping with a running subplot....."If you lay down with dogs, you get up with fleas."

In keeping with a running subplot....."If you lay down with dogs, you get up with fleas."

Your dog, maybe. With one of mine, you smell like a skunk.

If Mitch is gonna be repping Bob on the Boards, spiritually or otherwise, then I think both of them should be brought up for the PL and/or the HoS. I know I personally would never trust either with a dollar and I hope no one else would as well.

That's ridiculous. Being put on the HOS or PL for simply defending someone? Come on.

Id but or sell with Mitch with no qualms whatsoever. Defending a friend IMO much too far... doesn't mean you aren't trustworthy yourself.

+1

Mitch never said he was "repping" Beerbohm. He has never defended Beerbohm's behavior. He tried to help resolve a nasty situation.

Several inappropriate personal attacks on Mitch have already been deleted by the moderators of this forum. Repeated personal attacks on him and attempts to publicly damage his reputation are unwarranted and do not add to the community of this Golden Age comic book collecting forum.

+1

Mitch never said he was "repping" Beerbohm. He has never defended Beerbohm's behavior. He tried to help resolve a nasty situation.

Several inappropriate personal attacks on Mitch have already been deleted by the moderators of this forum. Repeated personal attacks on him and attempts to publicly damage his reputation are unwarranted and do not add to the community of this Golden Age comic book collecting forum.

Never defended Bob, or Bob's reputation? Never?

Does all the resume touting (how many years in business, etc.) along with the entire JOACBC nonsense spouting off with regard to Bob not count as "defending"??

"Never" is a very complete and very total descriptor.

Is your dog really a skunk? It is ok to admit you picked wrong :)

I've got a German shepherd/corgi mix that loves to escape and find skunks. Five times in a year-and-a-half she has caught one. Even using the H2O2/baking soda bath can't get her smelling clean.

We have a board member whose two best collecting buddies are a known scammer who fails to pay for books he wins (Theo Holstein) and a man who has a history of undisclosed restoration on books and who steals money from customers by never shipping books.

Yet this member is the most popular topic of conversation in the GA forum and almost everyone seems to take him as being serious with his statements as opposed to seeing they are being played. The fool makes a fool of everyone.

But that's the last I will say least I sound like a broken record. Just let this troll slip into the obscurity he deserves before one of his friends catches you in one of their scams.

I'm going to side with Cheetah on this one. This is as simple as it gets in regards to a business transaction that was supposed to be finalized within 30-days per Bob per Mitch per ? and we're 45+ days out with no resolution (actually 270-days past due). The dangling carrot just continues to move further out. In fact, providing a tracking number should be a simple task but there isn't one to provide. Delay tactic #2,345 and defending the seller is questionable at best. In some circles, it's referred to as stealing or fraud.

Failure to complete a transaction, especially as visible and aged as this as been, is simply mind-boggling to me from the seller's standpoint. It's excuses after excuses after excuses and I only continue to check in on this thread for the humor factor and little known facts, such as the good Karma a well made PB&J sammich can provide. Just sayin'.

I've got a German shepherd/corgi mix that loves to escape and find skunks. Five times in a year-and-a-half she has caught one. Even using the H2O2/baking soda bath can't get her smelling clean.

Try tomato juice, then do a mixture of baking soda/liquid soap with a scent and water.

Try tomato juice.

I think the tomato juice thing is an urban legend. Doesn't seem to do anything except make a mess. I even tried ketchup. I believe the truth is, when a dog catches a skunk and gets sprayed at point-blank range in the chest and face, she's just going to smell skunky.

Try tomato juice.

I think the tomato juice thing is an urban legend. Doesn't seem to do anything except make a mess. I even tried ketchup. I believe the truth is, when a dog catches a skunk and gets sprayed at point-blank range in the chest and face, she's just going to smell skunky.

I've used it, my friend stayed over and her dog stayed outside. She met our friendly skunk...you have to leave the juice on a bit,then hose it off...then make a foamy mixture of dish soap (preferably with a scent) baking soda and water. Add a drop of cooking oil, it helps it stick to the fur. ..not olive oil it's got it's own scent.

Not to pollute this thread with more nonsense but do you have a picture of your dog? I really want to see a picture of a Corgi/German Shepard mix. hm

Not to pollute this thread with more nonsense but do you have a picture of your dog? I really want to see a picture of a Corgi/German Shepard mix. hm

Short legs, big aroma.

... Futher, in our new found spirit, we should stop for 30 seconds today and pray together that everything will work out for the best for Matt and bob.

I believe this postive energy will help give the transaction the necessary push to close it out so we can move on and make this a better place to be.

I will be taking 30 seconds of my life today at 12.... Please feel free to join in

Thanks

just need this to live forever.

Can we also preserve this one?

Every board member jumped on the ship to kick in Bob's face, like predator wild beasts ripping at flesh....or the lynch mob waiting to hang its victim on a lonely southern county road. not me, not ever...

I've seen people here compared to nazis. Thanks Godwin's Law. But I've never seen anyone compared to the Klan? Southern lynch mobs? just for calling out a dealer on failing to do what he should and promised to do.

Both classics for sure. As to how I think this might possibly work out for Matt, as I stated earlier (really the ONLY way I see how, as no doubt some/all of the pulps are scattered to the four winds, or in a "wherehouse" somewhere) is that Bob will have to come up with a payment plan, to pay Matt back his original purchase price.

I can think of few things more reprehensible in the "comic world" (or the real world, for that matter) than taking money, failing to deliver product, then making every excuse in the world as to lack of delivery or refund, for 10+ months and counting.

Mannup, beerbong, and start acting on a payment plan for repayment of the FULL purchase price to Matt. Anything less is inexcusable. MM, bein' a lawyer an' all, could probably write up a simple contract for you gratis.