• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry's All Star #8 better pics

1,135 posts in this topic

Let's talk about associations...

We have a board member whose two best collecting buddies are a known scammer who fails to pay for books he wins (Theo Holstein) and a man who has a history of undisclosed restoration on books and who steals money from customers by never shipping books.

Yet this member is the most popular topic of conversation in the GA forum and almost everyone seems to take him as being serious with his statements as opposed to seeing they are being played. The fool makes a fool of everyone.

But that's the last I will say least I sound like a broken record. Just let this troll slip into the obscurity he deserves before one of his friends catches you in one of their scams.

:applause:

On that note, the amount involved in the recent pulp-gate is a negligible fraction of that in another, far more outrageous, scandal that is still swept under the carpet. I sure don't want to get involved in that, but I think Mitch would be smart to keep a lower profile regarding the pulps.

I don't know who the pulps are being sent to and the arrangement that bob has made with the other dealer.

When Mitch relays hearsay as if they were facts, he actively helps perpetuate the lies in the guise of an innocent, well-intentioned intermediary whose major fault is "I care too much about my friends".

This is what I'm saying.

This BB thing is always a no-win...first you complain there are no updates, then you complain when I post what I know. I always said I am not there, I have no control 2000 miles away, do not ask me again what is going on....

No complaints, just read the prior posts and the facts. we all are gonna have to wait and see what happens next and hear from Matt.

But you have been speaking to Bob daily! What is the hang up?

:popcorn:

A lot of "bro"ing on the boards lately.

It's coming dangerously close to replacing (thumbs u as the double entendre of choice.

Dr X...you are gonna be eating that popcorn for a long time, Bro.....-lol

I'm sure I will be. Why have you said you're in communication with Bob and then not tell us any details. What are you two talking about, solar flares. If it has no bearing on the issue at hand, why bother mentioning it?

I have read this entire thread and have to say that Bob's behaviour has been scandalous.

His failure to even attempt to complete the pulp transaction with Matt in a timely or standard manner, ie Matt pays cash and Bob delivers the pulps directly to Matt's home within a reasonable period, would have been sufficient for me to never purchase from him.

His failure to pay Jerry Bail's wife the money from consignment sales especially after his diatribes here on the All Star #8 is contemptible.

Well said.

Something else about this deal really bothers me.

Bob has yet to apologize for this mess and the only comments he's made are to solicit more sales and blame us.

He sure seems to exhibit some of the following.

Profile of the Sociopath

•Glibness and Superficial Charm

•Manipulative and Conning

They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

•Grandiose Sense of Self

Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

•Pathological Lying

Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

•Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt

A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

•Shallow Emotions

When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

•Incapacity for Love

•Need for Stimulation

Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

•Callousness/Lack of Empathy

Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

•Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature

Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.

•Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency

Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.

•Irresponsibility/Unreliability

Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

•Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity

Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.

•Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle

Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

•Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility

Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.

http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

This is a classic example of buyer beware. If you don't research who you buy from, ask around, read their stuff, call them on the phone, etc., etc. then this stuff happens. I wouldn't buy a book from Bob simply because he can't grade and he charges too much. I see sellers on eBay everyday that can't grade to save their lives...yet somehow they have 99.6-100% ratings...are there that many dumb collectors out there?

For those who don't know the difference, take a look at Jim Payette's grading, or Tomorrow's Treasures, or even Flying Monkey Collectibles to see the difference. Why would you even THINK of buying a Beerbombed book?

Don't get me wrong, I feel for the people this happened to...I'm just saying, try not to let it happen again...