• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry's All Star #8 better pics

1,135 posts in this topic

Wish I could offer more, but: there is only so much one can do by phone 1000s of miles away. Not to mention that if one asks Bob about the deal the ‘answer’ usually starts at the 1973 Berkeley Comic Con or some such. So here’s from our last ‘conversation’ when he called a week or so ago. He admitted he’d ‘probably’ messed up on the deal by tardiness, saying that he’d told Matt it would take ‘some months’ to gather all the pulps, that Matt had moved in the interim, and that the takedown of Matt’s ebay store had scared him. He also said books had shipped but they’re slowed down by going ‘registered’. Please don’t redound anything on me, by the way, but these are ‘the facts’ (of what I was told…).

Much has been made of the shipping to a third party. Yes, maybe funky, but also if happens could move the deal to easier going once Matt and third party are brought together. This would take the deal out of Bob’s ‘overwhelmed’ hands.

I also want to make sure that no one really thinks that Mitch is intentionally running cover for any shenanigans. The man has a huge gift for unintentional irony, but he’s not scamming on this.

I’d like to see posts from Dwight re: Matt’s side- suggesting a ‘third party’ because Matt may be a little too torqued for updates…

I’ve told Bob over and over shipping the pulps is the only answer and admit my ‘patience’ is stretching dangerously thin…

Let’s hope we hear from Dwight or Matt soon, preferably with some good news.

I second this post, let the parties get this transaction over with and stop making a joke of this thread.....

That's Bob's fault not ours.

It is yours and a host of other board members who think this thread is material for Jokes, it is not. Take responsibility SIR

Since you were the one who coined the words "Beerbong" and "Beerbomb" ...aren't you kind of calling the kettle black?

Bingo!

Nothing less motivating than getting lectured by someone like this.

It's like getting skincare advice from a leper.

Wish I could offer more, but: there is only so much one can do by phone 1000s of miles away. Not to mention that if one asks Bob about the deal the ‘answer’ usually starts at the 1973 Berkeley Comic Con or some such. So here’s from our last ‘conversation’ when he called a week or so ago. He admitted he’d ‘probably’ messed up on the deal by tardiness, saying that he’d told Matt it would take ‘some months’ to gather all the pulps, that Matt had moved in the interim, and that the takedown of Matt’s ebay store had scared him. He also said books had shipped but they’re slowed down by going ‘registered’. Please don’t redound anything on me, by the way, but these are ‘the facts’ (of what I was told…).

Much has been made of the shipping to a third party. Yes, maybe funky, but also if happens could move the deal to easier going once Matt and third party are brought together. This would take the deal out of Bob’s ‘overwhelmed’ hands.

I also want to make sure that no one really thinks that Mitch is intentionally running cover for any shenanigans. The man has a huge gift for unintentional irony, but he’s not scamming on this.

I’d like to see posts from Dwight re: Matt’s side- suggesting a ‘third party’ because Matt may be a little too torqued for updates…

I’ve told Bob over and over shipping the pulps is the only answer and admit my ‘patience’ is stretching dangerously thin…

I second this post, let the parties get this transaction over with and stop making a joke of this thread.....

It is yours and a host of other board members who think this thread is material for Jokes, it is not. Take responsibility SIR

Oddly, nothing posted in this thread even comes close to the joke that are those who have been defending Bob's actions for months only to conveniently forget that in their rush to be named Supreme Arbiter of Board Spirituality and Humor.

Responsibility indeed.

I just want to know who the NYC dealer is that is handling this. Here is the list of dealers/shops I know in NYC:

Metropolis

Midtown

Forbidden Planet

Jim Hanley

Roger's Time Machine

St. Mark's

Unless of course he went "off" the island in which case it could be Brooklyn/Queens/Staten Island.

I think hearing from someone who isn't Bob that the books have arrived (even partially) will go a long way to help people feel better. The problem is Mitch and Pat are giving us Bob's word that they have arrived... I think we all know how much Bob's word counts for at the moment.

Oddly, nothing posted in this thread even comes close to the joke that are those who have been defending Bob's actions for months

+1

And we still can't get a few simple questions answered here about who has the books, why they were shipped to a third party, and why Matt has to go out of his way to get his goods.

And before someone starts that bro krap again, I don't have any bro's on these boards. I have two real brothers and the rest ride Harleys and drink swill.

I just want to know who the NYC dealer is that is handling this. Here is the list of dealers/shops I know in NYC:

Metropolis

Midtown

Forbidden Planet

Jim Hanley

Roger's Time Machine

St. Mark's

Unless of course he went "off" the island in which case it could be Brooklyn/Queens/Staten Island.

I think hearing from someone who isn't Bob that the books have arrived (even partially) will go a long way to help people feel better. The problem is Mitch and Pat are giving us Bob's word that they have arrived... I think we all know how much Bob's word counts for at the moment.

I still don't understand why a tracking number can't be posted.

That's a nice little piece of independently verifiable information that would actually help in this situation. It doesn't tell us what's in the box, but it's infinitely more than we have right now.

Then Bob can go back to posting pictures of zoo animals all day on FB.

If he used a freight shipping company they MAY not have a tracking number. My mother handles shipping at the company she works at and they have to keep detailed information of pallet numbers and destination because the shipment itself does not have tracking info. They keep the truckers info (driver, truck name, truck number, pallet id's) but they have no way of tracking the shipment as it makes its way to Target/Walmart/Canadian Tire. They find out it made it there when the bar codes are scanned at receiving.

Wow, I don't even qualify as a NY dealer.

I wasn't shipped the book.

Maybe they were shipped to Arnie Scheiman? He was/is in the Village and has been a comic, and art, dealer a very long time

Mitch, I appreciate that you and Pat have stepped in and pushed Bob to complete this transaction. It speaks very strongly to your character and your sense of decency.

But honestly, do you really think we're gonna stop cracking jokes? Dude, remember where you are.....

Mitch, I appreciate that you and Pat have stepped in and pushed Bob to complete this transaction. It speaks very strongly to your character and your sense of decency.

But honestly, do you really think we're gonna stop cracking jokes? Dude, remember where you are.....

I can always hope "torch bro" but really, they are in "transit" and I am hoping that this deal will be done in the next week or two, depending on everybodys time to do it. Please have a little bit of patience , things have never looked better and I believe Matt is gonna be happy with his purchase.

based on BB comments to Pat about shying away from shipping the pulps after he found that Matts webstore was closed, Ill bet BB insisted on a third party because if he shipped directly to Matt, he didn't trust Matt to be straight about it, that Matt would say he never received them!! Jut.. to make… BBB look…. ridiculous.

and a man in BBs condition can't be made to look ridiculous!!!!

And BB knows full well the things you can do and say if you want to sccrreeww someone over in a mailer order situation!

based on BB comments to Pat about shying away from shipping the pulps after he found that Matts webstore was closed, Ill bet BB insisted on a third party because if he shipped directly to Matt, he didn't trust Matt to be straight about it, that Matt would say he never received them!! Jut.. to make… BBB look…. ridiculous.

and a man in BBs condition can't be made to look ridiculous!!!!

And BB knows full well the things you can do and say if you want to sccrreeww someone over in a mailer order situation!

100% wrong

If one does the right thing you generally don't have insults and controversy.

Amazing that it is always the dealers with controversy and issues that get the most free PR on these boards.

So like rock stars collectors are attracted to the "bad boys" of comics.

I’ve told Bob over and over shipping the pulps is the only answer and admit my ‘patience’ is stretching dangerously thin…y

Mitch I know you are trying to help and all but seriously what the eff do you expect when his documented behaviour has been a nine month all out FARCE? :foryou:

Its just human nature to crack jokes at behaviour this ridiculous. :tonofbricks:

As I read though this thread tonight, I am left feeling the same way I do about my sisters situation.

If she spent half the time, and energy she spends rationalizing away the problems in her life she could move mountains.

Instead, she chooses to spend her time manipulating the problems, rather then fixing them.

In this scenario it's simple. Matt's the victim here, not Bob.

Bob should bend over backwards trying to not only make things right with Matt, but go above and beyond compensating him for his troubles.

Oh, and just own up to the fact that he messed up.

Instead, all I see is him spending massive amounts of time and energy NOT fixing what seems easily fixable to the rest of us.

Or am I missing something?

You are not missing anything, it's just creating more confusion and masking of the initial problem.

At first it was a postage issue, he needed us to buy books so he could pay the postage.

So now that he apparently found the money for postage...instead of sending them to the person who paid for them, he pays to have them sent somewhere completely inconvenient for that person. This of course will create ANOTHER postage issue.

Now the books are somewhere mysterious...NY.

This way he can now disavow all knowledge of the books, he "mailed them".

If he wanted to send them to a 3rd party (which makes absolutely no sense to begin with, he could have just sent them signature required) ...then it MIGHT have almost sounded rational if he sent them to someone near Matt...or even to Mitch or Pat...or :idea: Mark!

But no...this is just another drama lama ding dong move.

Without tracking information and confirmation from the party who "was sent" the books, I don't believe it's true.

I really hope Matt files charges, Mr BLB needs the kind of help that this forum cannot give him, maybe if he's faced with going to court he'll get some help.