• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ayn, Neal and the world around me...

887 posts in this topic

…..have to relate before it goes…..

So we get home last night after a good haul, lots of candy, fun and excitement. Another great family Halloween. Kids got tired early, did not even make it around the whole area, they asked to go home.

So we get back and are relaxing, taking count of the booty and dividing the spoils, standard fare. Well our daughter, she loves to hand out candy so she waits at the door for the kids to come but it is a little slow. We are at the end of the street and most of the houses are dark so it takes a lot of effort for people to come all the way down, even with our decorations. But she gets to hand some candy out and has fun, but she needs more. She has to get a chair outside so she can sit on the porch (3 feet forward) and be more ready than standing inside the door three feet back. Gets a little help, gets out there, full bucket in hand and ready to give….and this gets a little boring. So now she has to make a sign (as she saw around the neighborhood) to put on the chair so she can come back inside, three feet back. Sign is made, sign is hung, “take two please”. Nicely done. And of course this gets a little boring as well. So she begins yet another effort to do something, to feed the kids and to hand out candy, busy bee-busy bee.

The whole time, the whole process, the entire event our son and I are sitting on the stairs watching her, me with a beverage and he with a sucker. And after watching her go on and on and about and around, Thomas, our son, looks at me and smiles and says, “sisters”. Passes one of those little expressions of a shoulder shrug and smiles at me.

I burst inside but keep my cool. I tell him, “yeah, you love her so much you don’t even understand it…..but yes, sisters.”

God bless them.

Dover - Did you see this comic at your LCS? It came out today and I know, from reading your journal, that you are a Peanuts fan.

peanuts0.jpg

:o

I will have stop by to see. DId not know anything about it.

Thank you!!

:applause:

To the listening audience, friends, Romans and Peanuts gallery,

Thanks to the my addiction to a particular avatar and the public belief in what it stands for I have been on occasion labeled selfish. No manner of words, argument or debate can change the minds of a few wandering minstrels armed loosely with ideas and concepts formed in haste and protest.

To put this to rest one last time, I announce the grant of bonus in the form of $12.8 million to a well deserving group of people who helped so much those that desired proper shelter from the environment.

I hope this puts to rest these false accusations.

Thank you,

Dover

....now back to Adams which will be shown in its entirety...

X-Men 56 No Comic Pending

:wishluck:

X-Men 57 No Comic

X-Men 58 No Comic

X-Men 59 No Comic

X-Men 60 No Comic

X-Men 61 No Comic

X-Men 62 No Comic

X-Men 63 No Comic

Update:

the Justice League of America

th_JusticeLeagueofAmerica67CGC94OW-WPl.jpg..th_JusticeLEague74CGC96WPlr.jpg..th_01fe3f7a.jpg..th_JusticeLeagueofAmerica82CGC96OW-WPl.jpg..th_JusticeLeagueofAmerica87CGC96WPlr.jpg..th_JLA89.jpg..

th_83553bb9.jpg..th_JusticeLeagueofAmerica96CGC98OW-WPl.jpg..th_40d41e37.jpg..th_JusticeLeagueofAmerica138CGC98WPlr.jpg.th_72c6ce26.jpg

Marvel Spotlight

th_MarvelSPotlight1CGC96OWlr.jpg

the Phantom Stranger

th_PhantomStranger3CGC96WP.jpg.th_adb14bbf.jpg.th_PhantomStranger6CGC96OW-WPlr.jpg.th_PhantomStranger7CGC94OWlr.jpg.th_PhantomStranger8CGC94OW-WP.jpg.th_1856f2f5.jpg.

th_PhantomStranger11CGC96OWlr.jpg.th_442fd3e0.jpg.th_4efc1ce0.jpg.th_PHANTOMSTRANGER14CGC98lr.jpg.th_8003a6b7.jpg.th_PhantomStranger16CGC96WPlr.jpg.

th_PHANTOMSTRANGER17CGC98WPlr.jpg.th_PhantomStranger18CGC98OW-WPlr.jpg

Jimmy

th_JimmyOlsen109CGC96OWlr.jpg.th_JimmyOlsen110CGC96OWlr.jpg.th_083e6f51.jpg.th_4086ee87.jpg.th_e7f2fcfe.jpg.th_JimmyOlsen118CGC96OW-WPlr.jpg.

th_2a62d9f4.jpg.th_bb28af78.jpg.th_JimmyOlsen134CGC98OW-WPlr.jpg.th_887a4f2c.jpg.th_JimmyOlsen136CGC98OW-WPlr.jpg.th_JimmyOlsen148CGC96OW-WPlr.jpg.

Lois

th_b4594ebd.jpg.th_7c82ff89.jpg.th_61d6cd1a.jpg.th_794b3919.jpg.th_LoisLane84CGC96OW-WPlr.jpg.th_LoisLane85CGC96OW-WPlr.jpg.

th_LoisLane88CGC94OW-WPlr.jpg.th_LoisLane89CGC94OW-WPlr.jpg.th_LoisLane91CGC96WPlr.jpg.th_a3630088.jpg.th_7df970d4.jpg

1a937c43-1.jpg

What a game, what an ending, what a disaster.

Who would have thought, 2 minutes to go, Steelers leading, Ravens have to go 92 yards to win, the defense only needs to hold on, cause some trouble and refuse the deep ball.

And they fail.

:mad:

...and this was written in 1776

"As parents, we can have no joy, knowing that this government is not sufficiently lasting to ensure any thing which we may bequeath to posterity: And by a plain method of argument, as we are running the next generation into debt, we ought to do the work of it, otherwise we use them meanly and pitifully. In order to discover the line of our duty rightly, we should take our children in our hand, and fix our station a few years farther into life; that eminence will present a prospect, which a few present fears and prejudices conceal from our sight."

--Thomas Paine, Common Sense, 1776

A perfect example of history demanding and telling of the necessity and utmost respect that should be rightfully granted to Liberty. Any and every encroachment, regardless of temper or slight, is still a small nibbling or large swing at the freedom we have to pursue Life and Happiness. Hold dear the benefits and blessings of Liberty, for once lost, they are gone.

Nov 8, 1864

Lincoln re-elected.

"We can not have free government without elections; and if the rebellion could force us to forego, or postpone a national election, it might fairly claim to have already conquered and ruined us."

Note: This election was held during the Civil War, that should be obvious, but once discovered; it should be treasured.

Let us always challenge our most firmly held beliefs so as to avoid ideology & dogma & hew instead to enlightened philosophy.

Dover, I note that Ireland has some of the lowest tax rates over there whilst Germany some of the highest. Ireland's banks went bust & Germany's economy is the robust model of success. Any comments on this contrast?

Obscure hint: always keep an eye on London. :gossip: