• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ayn, Neal and the world around me...

887 posts in this topic

At a wine merchant's warehouse the regular taster died, and the director started looking for a new one to hire. A retired Navy Master Chief, drunk and with a ragged dirty look, came to apply for the position. The director wondered how to send him away.

They gave him a glass to drink. The old Chief tasted it and said, "It's a Muscat three years old, grown on a north slope, matured in steel containers. Low grade but acceptable."

"That's correct", said the boss. "Another glass, please." It's a Cabernet, eight years old, south-western slope, oak barrels, matured at eight degrees. Requires three more years for finest results."

"Absolutely correct. A third glass."

It's a Pinot Blanc Champagne , high grade and exclusive'' calmly said the old Chief.

The director was astonished and winked at his secretary as to suggest something. She left the room and came back in with a glass of urine. The Master Chief tried it. "It's a blonde, 26 years old, three months pregnant and if I don't get the job, I'll name the father."

After watching the Superboys go for stupid money, I was afraid I had no chance. I have always said they are very underrated and they are getting some love now.

But, that Tomahawk: perfect, white paged, centered....

:cloud9:

It will fit in well with the others.

If I could only find that 116.

Neil is improving his artwork ?! I've never seen that variant issue between 121 and 124 ?

It is almost impossible to buy, it is easier to find at conventions but harder to buy. Most dealers will not sell it when they have it. It is more a conversation piece.

I also think they only made one and it is from a Canadian press so it tends to be out of reach for the lower 48.

But I got it and it is on the way once I pay for it!

:banana:

C thru H update: 11-22-11

Challengers of the Unknown

th_1c751e3c.jpg.th_ChallengersoftheUnknown74CGC85WP.jpg

Conan the Barbarian

th_ConantheBarbarian37CGC98WPlr.jpg.th_2b937069.jpg

DC Specials

th_1ef8e5dd.jpg.th_16d99c09.jpg.th_19cd7668.jpg.th_DCSpecial29-02CGC98WP.jpg

Detective Comics

th_DetectiveComics370.jpg.th_DetectiveComics372.jpg.th_DetectiveComics385.jpg.th_DetectiveComics392.jpg.th_DetectiveComics394.jpg.th_DetectiveComics396.jpg.

th_DetectiveComics399.jpg.th_DetectiveComics400.jpg.th_7a491413.jpg.th_DetectiveComics403.jpg.th_DetectiveComics404CGC94SWP.jpg.th_b10b1345.jpg.

th_7b7ccde6.jpg.th_5082dcdc.jpg.th_1eb7ce3b.jpg.th_Detective41096.jpg.th_DetectiveComics412.jpg.th_DetectiveComics413.jpg.

th_DetectiveComics414.jpg.th_DetectiveComics416.jpg.th_DetectiveComics419.jpg.th_DetectiveComics421CGC98WPlr.jpg

the Flash

th_Flash204CGC96OW-WPlr.jpg.th_Flash207CGC96OW-wplr.jpg.th_Flash208CGC96WPlr.jpg.th_Flash215CGC96WPlr.jpg

Green Lanterns...

th_GreenLantern63CGC94OW-wplr.jpg.th_GreenLantern77CGC96WPlr.jpg.th_GreenLantern78CGC96OW-WPlr.jpg.th_GreenLantern79CGC94OW-WPlr.jpg.th_GreenLantern80CGC96OW-WPlr.jpg.th_GreenLantern81CGC96WPlr.jpg.

th_f976ef88.jpg.th_GreenLantern83CGC96WPlr.jpg.th_GreenLantern86CGC96WPlr.jpg.th_GreenLantern89CGC96WPlr.jpg

Hot Stuff

th_41bee381.jpg

House of Mystery

th_df787fd4.jpg.th_2b2adff0.jpg.th_HOM178.jpg.th_HouseofMystery180CGC96OWPClr.jpg.th_HoM181_96.jpg.th_HouseofMystery184CGC94OW-WPlr.jpg.

th_HouseofMystery186CGC90OW-WP.jpg.th_a8f4dd20.jpg.th_HouseofMystery188CGC92POW.jpg.th_HouseofMystery191CGC94WPlr.jpg.th_HouseofMystery192CGC94OW-WPlr.jpg.th_HOUSEOFMYSTERY197CGC96OWPlr.jpg.

th_HouseofMystery252CGC94OW-WP.jpg.

House of Secrets

th_HouseofSecrets81CGC92WPlr.jpg.th_HoS85_94.jpg.th_HouseofSecrets87CGC94OWlr.jpg.th_HouseofSecrets88CGC94WP.jpg.th_HouseofSecrets91CGC94OW.jpg.

A beautiful upgrade from the original Adams Junkie....

19cd7668.jpg

Great copy! I've been searching for this book raw for close to 2 years. Did you happen to buy it raw or already slabbed?

I missed out on a copy that Quality Comix had a few months ago that looked similar.

A beautiful upgrade from the original Adams Junkie....

19cd7668.jpg

Great copy! I've been searching for this book raw for close to 2 years. Did you happen to buy it raw or already slabbed?

I missed out on a copy that Quality Comix had a few months ago that looked similar.

I bought this slabbed. I have a 9.4 undercopy for sale that I bought raw (from the boards ?) and slabbed to a 9.4

I will only says this once:

I will not collect CGC 9.8 copies of the Grimm Fairy Tales books.

:sumo:

And I will hate myself in the morning for having said so.

What an interesting twist of collecting ideas. IT kills me to see them, want them, lust for them. I know if I did, bought them, they would just get hidden in the closet.

But oooh, how I want them.....