• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The most UNDERVALUED Bronze book(s)?

87 posts in this topic

the beatles are the best rock band ever and kirby is the best artist

Wrong! Wrong again. Springsteen & The E Street Band is the best roll and roll band ever and Frazetta is the best artist.

$10 says I get hate mail on this one

mad.gif

They might not be "slow songs" but I wouldn't call them rock 'n roll...maybe rock but no roll...

I am not saying that I don't like the Boss I just think that he falls into a somewhat unique catagory..

$10 says I get hate mail on this one

I don't know about hate mail, but I fear that participating in this discussion on any level is a sure route to the loss of stars... tongue.gif

Personally I think the best R&R band ever was probably The Travelling Wilburys... no other group compares in terms of talent...

But in terms of influence on music and influence on popular culture you have to go with the Beatles...

As far as greatest artist goes, you can make a very compelling argument for either Kirby or Eisner... and I would have a hard time arguing against either choice.

Springsteen not a rock n roller?

Go listen to:

10th Avenue Freeze Out

Badlands (Live version)

Dancin in the Dark

I'm Going Down

Murder Incorporated

The Rising

Go on... I'll wait. Springsteen does lots of different stuff, and a lot of what's gotten on the radio since 1984 has been ballads, but particularly from 1974-1984 if Springsteen wasn't a rocker, well then there was no such thing as rock n roll.

But the Beatles were still the best.

(Sorry to participate in the ruining of this thread by the way...)

If you are gonna knock Wrightson and Byrne because some of their latter stuff is weak then you should consider the piles of Kirby did in the late 70's early 80's Destoyer Duck? Cant believe Schomburg and LB Cole arent ranked very high. Ditto for Sternako unless its because he did so little comic work but then again Frazetta did only a tiny bit as well before going into books covers etc. PS the Beatles are the most influential group for Rock because they revolutionised popular music but my vote is for Zeppelin as the greatest rock band ever!

Why would the value change with the movie when the previous movies did nothing for it? Unfortunately, this series peaked in popularity in the 1980s. frown.gif

Things come and go.....I loved the first Conan movie! Its still one of my favorite movies. I wont even mention the others. crazy.gif Once the kids of today get a taste of Conans beatdowns ...they will be hooked and MAYBE...theyll be interested in the series? Time will tell.