• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whats a safe dollar amount for buying on the boards?

37 posts in this topic

I have bought a few comics on the boards.

I have only spent around 100.0 on one book.

I was just wondering if anyone had a cap?

I know we all wish everyone is a legit buyer or seller.

but, more than a hundred makes me nervous.

2c

It certainly all depends on the seller. I would not hesitate to spend any amount with most regulars on the boards.

Well, that's if they weren't overpriced most of the time. (:

I've bought from these boards here with no problem at all. I've sold anywhere from $10 to $1,000 worth of books on an individual basis. Hang around for a while and you'll figure out who you can trust.

In the meantime, check this thread out about the you don't want to do business with.

I used to be that way as well.. wouldn't spend over $100 on any one book, but that's changed. There are some incredible deals that can be found on the threads and if your looking to get a high grade key for hundreds less, then I'm sure your max spend will be lifted. I think the most I spent on one book has to be $300... so far. :ohnoez: Call it addiction to HG books. :pullhair:

MCMiles is a good seller.

I bought a few books from him. Almost bought a nice Funny Pages from him, but he did not like my offer :cry: Hope he still has it in his collection.

I am sure you could PM a few regulars to find out who big sellers are for the types of books you are buying, Modern-to-Gold.

Bruce

I've bought books from .......

MrBedrock

skypinkblue

and Count.....

but I wouldn't hesitate to buy from many more, if I had the $$$

Biggest purchase so far is $1150.00

I have never had one bad experience here. :wishluck:

On this I will comment.

I have had a few books I thought were overgraded a bit. I have also had many books I thought were undergraded. Thankfully the overgraded books I got a great deal on so it was still a pretty good deal. Overall I have been very happy here and for buying off of the internet its a great source. I have done a bit better off of Ebay a couple times, a lot worse many times :cry:

Just make sure you look at the scans and dont assume the books are well graded because you are buying on the forums, though most are.

Bruce

I've bought lots of books off boardies before. I've spent anywhere from 50 bucks up to about 600. You spend enough time here you'll be able to figure out the trustworthy board members...luckily almost all of them are. If you unsure, and know another boardie, just ask around...

The most expensive book I have purchased on the boards was $5,500.

The most expensive book I have sold on the boards was probably $3,500 or so.

I've done a ton of buying and selling here, and have never had a problem. I think I've returned 4 or 5 books before to the seller, but never had anyone try to rip me off or anything like that. This is a great place to do business. I don't have any "cap". If I trust the seller, than I'd be willing to spend indefinite amounts of money.