• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UK 1976 Bronze Hulk 180, 181, 182 Set - SOLD

10 posts in this topic

Bought these a few years back from Anfield Fox. His description: "These books are from the summer of 1976 and collect Hulk 180, 181 and 182. Since they were weeklies they would have only been on the stands for a week rather than a month. Finding truly high grade bronze comics from 30 years ago in the UK would be the equivalent of finding high grade Golden Age in the States. The 198 features Trimpe's original artwork that wasn't used for the US Hulk 181."

#196, 197, 198, 199, & 200

$95 shipped (for the set) in the US. $100 shipped to Canada

PayPal or money order works for me.

Thanks for looking. (thumbs u

Hulk196.jpg

Hulk197.jpg

Herb Trimpe comments on the changed artwork:

"The change you see in the British comic is the Hulk head that was originally drawn by me, but changed before it was sent to the press in this country. Stan probably made the decision and John Romita made the correction. Somehow, a copy of the cover before the change went to the Brits. Not many people have spotted that, and it's one sure way of identifying the actual original cover--the correction is pasted over the original art work."

Interesting.

I was upset at missing these when you bought them. hm

Bad timing for me otherwise you would be upset again.

Same here. Chilin out till after heroescon.

Bought these a few years back from Anfield Fox. His description: "These books are from the summer of 1976 and collect Hulk 180, 181 and 182. Since they were weeklies they would have only been on the stands for a week rather than a month. Finding truly high grade bronze comics from 30 years ago in the UK would be the equivalent of finding high grade Golden Age in the States. The 198 features Trimpe's original artwork that wasn't used for the US Hulk 181."

sigh :takeit:

sigh :takeit:

^^ Thank you!