• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

if u press a book with a stain?

12 posts in this topic

if u made a post I could understand will I answer it?

j/k

I assume you meant pressing books w/stains?

If you pressed a stained book... all you would get is a possibly less wrinkly, stained book.

funny you should ask.. i had a book with a small water stain and just to see what would happen had it pressed ...you couldnt see the stain nomore on the outside of the book on top it also smooth it out paper and made it lay flat again but when you touched the spot it felt ruff..but it did nothing for the pages....so there you go hope that answer your question

Exactly. Pressing won't even remove finger prints.

And it won't get rid of ring around the collar. hm

calgon_secret-700480.JPG

funny you should ask.. i had a book with a small water stain and just to see what would happen had it pressed ...you couldnt see the stain nomore on the outside of the book on top it also smooth it out paper and made it lay flat again but when you touched the spot it felt ruff..but it did nothing for the pages....so there you go hope that answer your question

You know, I can think of some possible thoeries how certain stains could disappear after pressing. hm If it was a surface stain the substrate used might pull some or all off. Humidity in combination with high heat might also have an effect on certain stains.

:baiting:

Through and through stains will not go away, depending on how much moisture is added to the book it might lessen. Surface stains on the other hand might go away completely. Again, it depends upon the severity of the stain (i.e. water, foreign substance, etc).

it is a water stain on the bottom right corner.

its on the cover and on a few pages.

Little to no improvement there unless the book is washed. The you are looking at a PLOD anyway.