• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What did you think of the 1st Issue of "The Pulse"??

9 posts in this topic

What was with that ending?

I gather that the ID was supposed to indicate that this person was important, but the lack of identifying information other than the faded picture of a woman could have been relayed in a way other than to show a full-page splash. I thought it was a rather odd cliffhanger, as we are no further ahead than the first time the guy notices the body floating.

Otherwise, it was another example of Bendis at his best - lots of talking heads.

Kev

What was with that ending?

I gather that the ID was supposed to indicate that this person was important, but the lack of identifying information other than the faded picture of a woman could have been relayed in a way other than to show a full-page splash.

Splashes are easier to draw 27_laughing.gif

It was the ID and the comment "oh this'll be a nightmare" or whatever the cop says. However it was handled, I'm now stuck waiting to find out who she is...

I liked it. I'm just a little put off by the fact that I've picked up two comics lately (Secret Wars, The Pulse) with Spider-man on the cover, yet there's no Spider-man inside. I do understand why Marvel does this, but it's going to make me wonder from now on if I should pick up a new title with him on the cover.

I am about the world's biggest Alias fan, so anything written by Bendis with Jessica Jones in it is going to be OK with me. But more objectively, with the possibility for some really nice continuity between DD and Pulse, and the investigative function of Ben Urich's character, it should be another Marvel Zombie gratification-fest. My only quibble is that Jessica didn't look like Jessica. Too routinely pretty. Gaydos should be the only one to ever draw her.

I liked the first issue. The cast and setting lend themselves to a quirky, mystery book which can cover territory that the regular superhero books can't/don't/won't.

Hopefully, it doesn't turn into a lame "616 Team-Up."

I am about the world's biggest Alias fan, so anything written by Bendis with Jessica Jones in it is going to be OK with me. But more objectively, with the possibility for some really nice continuity between DD and Pulse, and the investigative function of Ben Urich's character, it should be another Marvel Zombie gratification-fest. My only quibble is that Jessica didn't look like Jessica. Too routinely pretty. Gaydos should be the only one to ever draw her.

So Jessica Jones is Alias? I never read Alias and was wondering who the heck this chick was and how she was a super-hero. What are her powers?

Her powers that we've seen so far are your basic super-strength/speed, and flight, though she might not be very good at it. Her origin was never adequately explained (purposely), and she is a "plain-clothes" superhero, so we don't really know the extent of her powers. What we do know of her origin is not pretty, so she might not really want to use them, psychologically. She mainly uses them in self-defense, or when she needs to in the course of her job as a PI, like to catch someone away from her running down the street.

The "Alias" name comes from her PI company, Alias Investigations. it wasn't her cape name.

Do yourself a favor and get the series. You can get all 28 issues for about $28 on ebay, sweetest deal around.