• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CRIME DOES NOT PAY #46

15 posts in this topic

Just curious...

I saw this book sell on Ebay for approx 8-10x guide...

I know there are only 8 graded and it is a cool cover but is this a "new" price ?

Only 2 books on GPA as of late too ...

Anyways curious on your thoughts ?

T

http://cgi.ebay.ca/CRIME-DOES-NOT-PAY-46-CLASSIC-Biro-Cover-Nice-Book_W0QQitemZ230474546405QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item35a95a7ce5QQautorefreshZtrue

At $100, might be worth looking at, but even then I think it might be pushing for a non-graded copy. I have purchased 6.0 CGC and raw #40 for $50-$70.

The CGC 8.5 sold for $235 earlier this year.

For this series, once you get past issue 24, not many seem to go for multiples of guide, especially in lower grades.

At $100, might be worth looking at, but even then I think it might be pushing for a non-graded copy. I have purchased 6.0 CGC and raw #40 for $50-$70.

The CGC 8.5 sold for $235 earlier this year.

For this series, once you get past issue 24, not many seem to go for multiples of guide, especially in lower grades.

Issue 33 definitely does. As for the auction in question........I call shenanigans!

Just curious...

I saw this book sell on Ebay for approx 8-10x guide...

I know there are only 8 graded and it is a cool cover but is this a "new" price ?

Only 2 books on GPA as of late too ...

The cover image has a taboo element (kidnapping children), and the book's condition looks terrific.

But I gotta agree with people's conclusions about there likely being shill-bidding here.

The cover image has a taboo element (kidnapping children), and the book's condition looks terrific.

That does have the makings of a classic cover, imo. Gives me the creeps. Where's Wertham when you need him?

Looks like there were two or three legitimate bidders.

I dropped out early but a couple of people bid it up to $200 before the shills tookover.

I hope they had to eat the posting fees.

bb

4626252715_2ffe6efe9e.jpg

Looks like there were two or three legitimate bidders.

I dropped out early but a couple of people bid it up to $200 before the shills tookover.

I hope they had to eat the posting fees.

bb

4626252715_2ffe6efe9e.jpg

2531288494_4b482ddd03.jpg

I like it as much as 43 but no one has offered me $415 for my copy of 43.

I think it is in the top four covers in this run ...along with 24,33 and 43.

Great book ! Too bad about the shill though ..

T

The subject matter makes it stand out - though It's clearly a kidnapping cover, not a pedophile cover, but there are many great covers in the first couple dozen issues or so of CDNP. Though the top two faves are clearly #24 and #33.