• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers #1 Sketch Covers (I Am An Avenger) Megathread

3,331 posts in this topic

I think it's stupid as hell how ink on the back cover of a 'sketch' cover can bring the grade down. I understand if the pen was pressed to hard, but ink on the back cover doesn't 'damage' the book that is already 'intentionally sketched on'.

Looks great though my dude. Love the DC :D

I think it's stupid as hell how ink on the back cover of a 'sketch' cover can bring the grade down. I understand if the pen was pressed to hard, but ink on the back cover doesn't 'damage' the book that is already 'intentionally sketched on'.

Looks great though my dude. Love the DC :D

got one this happened to as well

I might just get a back sketch but I think it would ruin the sketch.

How would a sketch on the back ruin a sketch on the front? (shrug)

Well I would hate to crack it open, have an artist draw on the back cover and them discover that he got dirt and ink on the front.

Well I would hate to crack it open, have an artist draw on the back cover and them discover that he got dirt and ink on the front.

Window bag?

Which begs the question...was the book in a window bag initially? Did the artist remove it from the bag?

Window bag?

Which begs the question...was the book in a window bag initially? Did the artist remove it from the bag?

Adam good point. I mailed the book to Freddie prior to San Diego. He then gave it to CGC at the show. I probably should of window bagged it, but the sketch wouldn't of looked at good. If I do decide to get a sketch on the back cover..which will probably happen when I see Freddie at the FX Show.. I will take your advice. :)

I'm thinking Loki on the back cover!