• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay - something new? Years worth of Item sold history (Price and Title)

10 posts in this topic

I was looking at some feedback yesterday and noticed that feedback going back several years now includes TITLE and Ending Price. As I recall, this information has always been hidden for auctions over 90 days old. For one seller I was able to go back as far as 2006 and still see Title and Ending Price associated with feedback comments.

In my opinion, this is quite informative and valuable. I am not sure if this is something new or a glitch that eBay will fix soon. For those of you with any research to do, I suggest doing it now as this info may be gone tomorrow.

Anyone know anything about this?

If I remember correctly ebay did a survey on displaying this type of information. Personally, I like it but it looks like it is only available on the seller side. So if you want to look up a price on your purchase you need to look up the seller ect.

Yah I noticed this. It's pretty important to put context around past sells. I mean if someone has been selling beanie babies for $3 a pop, and has a feedback of 100 all positive, but then puts up a $10,000 Action Comics issue, that might be a bit shady despite their feedback of 100 since their past experience is not in selling comics.

Glad that eBay decided to do this.

- bounty

This is kinda fun to look at, you see what somebody bought three years ago and what they paid for it, then do a quick check on the GPA or current Ebay/Comiclink auctions and see what the books are going for now, I seen some people pay $800 for stuff back then that you can`t even get 500 for three years later and the opposite people paying $1,000 for a book thats worth $1,300 now. Pretty fun stuff to compare if you like looking at sales figures and have a few hours to spare.

I'm likng this new feature! Only small flaw I notice is that for BIN/Best Offer books, it gives you the original BIN price rather than the actual sold-for price. But it's nice to have this info back again. (thumbs u