• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wow!

11 posts in this topic

I find it interesting that in the auction description the seller says that it is the first Mickey Mouse in a comic book and then says it's from 1941. Yet there's this auction that features Mickey Mouse from 1931 (and it's in better condition). Is it the first Mickey in Four Color comics maybe? Anyone know?

Advs of Mickey Mouse #1 did come in both a hard cover and a soft cover format. The 1st printing was about 50,000 copies in 1931. Both of these books are in great condition. Keep in mind that the highest grade in The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide for a Platinum Age book is 8.0. The Advs of Mickey Mouse #1 and high grade Platinum Age books are very difficult to find as few exist. In many cases low grade copies of Platinum Age comics are difficult on some titles.

It is funny....I will read anything that is Barks but could care less about Mickey books as they were just so bland. Having said that....the two stories I did read and liked were this one (the phantom blot) and the storyline around the idol Kali. cloud9.gif

M. also bought a CGC VF- copy for a proportional amount a few

years back. His stock piles of golden age Disney keys must parallel

the last scene in "Raiders of the lost Ark".

shocked.gif Do you think this is for his personal collection or is this business/Diamond Galleries?

Like many dealers, I assume there's no hard line between his personal collection and what goes up for sale or display in the "Diamond Galleries." What's up in the galleries he probably thinks of as being his collection. As for whether he bought the book using person funds or business funds for tax reporting purposes...who knows? Since he owns the business, he can do it however he wants.