• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This is my suggestion......

11 posts in this topic

..I will not start using CGG, but I believe it's time to change the 40 business days for economy to 80 or 100 business days. If the 10/30 books are shipping now, then it may be May until I get mine back. Also, I know when I'm over worked or in a rush, that's when I tend to make mistakes. I would want my books to be graded with the same integrity that is around when times are slow, if they even have slow times anymore. I feel for you Steve and your staff, as I hate to b*i*t*c*h, but you guys need some more help. flowerred.gif

..I will not start using CGG, but I believe it's time to change the 40 business days for economy to 80 or 100 business days. If the 10/30 books are shipping now, then it may be May until I get mine back. Also, I know when I'm over worked or in a rush, that's when I tend to make mistakes. I would want my books to be graded with the same integrity that is around when times are slow, if they even have slow times anymore. I feel for you Steve and your staff, as I hate to b*i*t*c*h, but you guys need some more help. flowerred.gif

Maybe the best approach would be to have a more dynamic 'forecasting system' whereby you can check the CGC site on any given day or week, and the projected turnaround times for each submission category are posted that frequently (daily or weekly) ? I can see where CGC wouldn't want to scare off prospective customers because the official verbiage reads "100 days" while the competition is promising "12 days" or whatever...

I'm sure it's hard for Borock and company to find qualified grading candidates. I'm not sure what the job pays but finding a person who knows their stuff, knows how to handle the books, and is willing to be abused on a daily basis must be like finding a 10 in a sea of 9.9's! hi.gif

Timely

I'm sure it's hard for Borock and company to find qualified grading candidates. I'm not sure what the job pays but finding a person who knows their stuff, knows how to handle the books, and is willing to be abused on a daily basis must be like finding a 10 in a sea of 9.9's! hi.gif

Timely

I agree with you. But, as currincomics said, CGC should change the turnaround times on their website to more accurately reflect the reality. I've never had a problem with my submissions (granted I don't have that many) coming back within said time period.

In the past few months though, I've heard more and more of you talk of the difference in the website turnaround times vs. the actual turnaround times. People are going to continue submitting to CGC. Most of us already know the actual time is longer (and in many cases, much longer). CGC should recognize this and give us more realistic times.

Is it public knowledge exactly how many grading teams CGC has?

How many books are turned in a single day by CGC on average?

Just a few questions..

Zeman

Gotta agree with you currin...while I will remain loyal to CGC...I am not , at this point, submitting any more books since I simply have no realistic idea when they will be returned...

There has to be a realistic time frame set up since book selection is sometimes based on when one can expect to recieve the graded book back...

What is the sense in sending a book in that , according to turnaround times, should arrive back to me within say 2 months....which may coincide perfectly with the release of a new movie or some other cosmic event that could cause an influx in popularity for the submitted books....only to recieve the book(s) back in 3-4 months...far beyond the window of maximum profit opportunity...

I think they just need to drop the "estimated turnaround times" and fill in the table with the "now shipping books received on" date. The estimates are unrealistic for econs and moderns, so why have them? I will note that my express batch was sent out on a tuesday, and arrived back on a tuesday 2 weeks later (which was only 9 business days due to last week's holiday).

The problem with giving out an estimate of, say, 80 days now for econs is that they have no idea how many standards, express, and/or walk-thrus will come through in the next 2-3 months. Each of these services will bump your econs a little further back in the queue. Just b/c I had to wait 3 months to get my latest econs back doesn't mean that someone that sends 'em in now will have to wait that long!

I believe that when CGC initially caught up on all tiers, the "now shipping books received on" date jumped ahead 2-3 weeks every week or so...

I figure I'll just wait till my membership runs out then sign up again and get my 3 express free grades. and just do it this way every year. If I use my wife and kids and brothers and sisters their other half and kids I can get a total of 32 free express gradings a year. I mean my yearly subscription will run out anyways before I get the books back.

Why not confused-smiley-013.gif

Hey the last 3 express I sent in was for my son Andrews account. I sent them in and 8 days from the day CGC received I had them back in my hands. Not bad for a $99 investment that when I sell the books will bring atleast $1000. 893applaud-thumb.gif