• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your regularly scheduled CL Auction winners and losers

152 posts in this topic

I'm confused on the ASM #5 auction. It says it went for $18,007 (reserve not met). But then in the listing it says, "This is a rare opportunity to obtain a near pristine Amazing Spider-Man #5 in a truly no reserve auction format."

Was that the 9.8 book I saw in there somewhere?

Well I didn't bid on any books but I notice something fishy and I hope C link sees this and looks into it. Batman 251 cgc 9.6 story with pics.

Here's a screen shot of todays auction result of a Batman 251 CGC 9.6

auction.jpg

Here's a Screen shot of the C link exchange with a 251 cgc 9.6

exchange.jpg

My question is how can that book hit 1100 when you can buy one for 760?

Well I didn't bid on any books but I notice something fishy and I hope C link sees this and looks into it. Batman 251 cgc 9.6 story with pics.

auction.jpg

exchange.jpg

In speaking with the Clink folk in the past they say they have buyers who only buy at auction, they never check the regular listings. So that can happen.

4 for 4 tonight :whee:

auction.jpg

exchange.jpg

preview night pressing candidate. and this isn't unheard of, i've seen books in clink auctions go for more than 2x the asking price of the same graded book in the clink marketplace.

auction.jpg

exchange.jpg

preview night pressing candidate. and this isn't unheard of, i've seen books in clink auctions go for more than 2x the asking price of the same graded book in the clink marketplace.

good point, and much more likely

auction.jpg

exchange.jpg

Agree, but if I see a book that I want going high like this one did I would always check the exchange first (just in case) I just can't see anyone being that blind.

auction.jpg

exchange.jpg

The spread might be large here but I've gotten caught up in the heat of the moment of auctions and then found out after winning that I could have bought a book slightly cheaper in their market place or on eBay or where ever. It happens. Plus people do not always have time to check different sources for all the books they are bidding on.

(This also could be a potential pressing candidate as well)

what happened to the tec #359? seems to have disappeared. thanks to whoever bailed me out of overpaying for the tec #365. 5x guide for a 9.4 and i still can't win it.

Didn't meet reserve

did you happen to catch the closing price? thanks

what happened to the tec #359? seems to have disappeared. thanks to whoever bailed me out of overpaying for the tec #365. 5x guide for a 9.4 and i still can't win it.

Didn't meet reserve

Didn't meet reserve

thanks

I really wanted that Daredevil 6 cgc9.6 but bailed on bidding because the damage on that upper left corner on the spine just didnt justify it for me This is the first 9.6 ive seen for sale ever and is one of my holy grails. oh well

I almost never win a C-link auction, and nothing's changed with this one. Prices for pre-1965 high grade Marvels still look strong from my vantage point.