• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your regularly scheduled CL Auction winners and losers

152 posts in this topic

Only thing I was watching today was the AF15 CGC 8.0, which sold for a decent amount. I've been imbibing too much of late with the new girlfriend to have the free funds for it for this month though...it didn't occur to me until this auction I've been blowing like $1500 a month on fine restaurants and alcohol this year. :insane:

I thought I saw some bounce in certain Spidey prices.

ASM 101 in 9.4, last GPA of 520, went for 856.00 .

ASM 122 in 9.4, last GPA of 418, went for 630.00 .

ASM 128 in 9.8, last GPA of 305, went for 425.00 .

All these issues had White Pages. White Pages rule right now.

I thought I saw some bounce in certain Spidey prices.

ASM 101 in 9.4, last GPA of 520, went for 856.00 .

ASM 122 in 9.4, last GPA of 418, went for 630.00 .

ASM 128 in 9.8, last GPA of 305, went for 425.00 .

All these issues had White Pages. White Pages rule right now.

So were some of the copies the sold at lower prices, but whatever works for you (thumbs u

Only thing I was watching today was the AF15 CGC 8.0, which sold for a decent amount. I've been imbibing too much of late with the new girlfriend to have the free funds for it for this month though...it didn't occur to me until this auction I've been blowing like $1500 a month on fine restaurants and alcohol this year. :insane:

You mean the twins are out of the picture ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

There will always be some books that do well in any given auction. Just as there are always books that go cheap in any given auction. I look at the overall prices, not just a book here and there. So far, soft overall.

The white pages thing, sure white pages are more desirable. But I'm sure that's no consolation to the guy that just sold his ASM 122 9.8 white pager for half of what they were selling for just a year and a half ago :tonofbricks:

I am 0 for 1 today as this was the only book I was interested in today. I was not the under bidder but I was close to the under bidder. I thought it would go a little lower with all the spine ticks it had.

So far I've thought prices have been reasonable. Some books have been a little low and some books have been a little high.

The Batman 1 sold for $315,000 and if that happened before the two recent action sales or Dec 27 we would be talking about what a high price for a comic.

I'm confused on the ASM #5 auction. It says it went for $18,007 (reserve not met). But then in the listing it says, "This is a rare opportunity to obtain a near pristine Amazing Spider-Man #5 in a truly no reserve auction format."