• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preview: Batman Odyssey # 1

25 posts in this topic

I may "save lives" for a living, but I am one thread killing mutha :censored:

:bump: Not really. It took a couple of days for people to respond, holiday

weekend and all, so don't fell it is all on you.

So the preview is a flashback to his early cases when he carried a sidearm?

Yes,as best as I understand.

From the article:

The story of "Batman: Odyssey" will challenge readers basic assumptions about who Batman is in the modern era through a series of challenges, encounters and journeys. "In a way, Batman has become sort of outdated," said Adams of how he sees the character today. "Even in the movies, they've had to put armor on him and do things to him that have made him stiff and uncomfortable. And they've had to deal with the question of how does Batman – who comes from a time of gangsters and pistols and minimal armament – come into a time where we seem to have the most powerful guns, the most frightful explosive devices...we seem to be in a time where gangsters are armed in a ridiculous manner. There used to be a time where Batman was worried about whether or not a guy doing a mugging had a gun. Today, a guy pulls out a gun as long as his leg and starts firing at Batman.

According to my LCS, it is blowing up! When I called to give them my order for August shipping books, one of the guys that I know really well picked up the phone by saying "Hey Sean, let me guess, you're calling about Batman Odyssey." He said the phone had been ringing off the hook about it since they opened.

Loving it!!

:headbang: Got my copy today, to see it in color is just amazing. Looking

at this book there is little doubt you are looking at Adams, he really does

Batman better than just about anyone. If you do not have this book in hand,

GO GET IT NOW!!!!