• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Five New Spider-Man Contenders

44 posts in this topic

Wow, 5 different deadbeat dorks who suck.

That makes them perfect for the role. :makepoint:

Indeed: Spiderman is a dork who sucks.

who know maybe the next Spider-man movie will be such a bomb that the AF15 low grades will go back down in price a little, $5,000 for a beater with chipping is way overpriced! ;)

Now that's optimistic thinking...if the movie is great...you win! If the movie sucks...you win!

I actually thought Toby McGuire was a perfect Peter Parker... looked the part and was a quality actor. These folks they've got lined up, can't say I'm that enthusiastic about them.

Agree and agree.

+2 hm

Pfft, I don't like change, but hopefully they can find an MJ that looks like MJ. Mary Jane was a sultry girl who looked like a woman compared to most of the other girl characters. KD cannot fill that bill ever. They did a fine job with Gwen Stacy. Who's kidding, it's about big name actors and shiny costumes, not the actual story or the characters in it.

I actually thought Toby McGuire was a perfect Peter Parker... looked the part and was a quality actor. These folks they've got lined up, can't say I'm that enthusiastic about them.

I thought he looked like a decent Peter Parker, but his acting leaves something to be desired. Maybe that is too much to hope for. Or maybe I can't distinguish between a crappily written part and a bad actor.

I have gone back and watched the movies and the dialogue is really kind of crappy.

Pfft, I don't like change, but hopefully they can find an MJ that looks like MJ. Mary Jane was a sultry girl who looked like a woman compared to most of the other girl characters. KD cannot fill that bill ever. They did a fine job with Gwen Stacy. Who's kidding, it's about big name actors and shiny costumes, not the actual story or the characters in it.

I agree. They nailed Gwen. I liked Kirsten Dunst in a couple of movies, and she was okay,but she was not MJ.

I thought he looked like a decent Peter Parker, but his acting leaves something to be desired. Maybe that is too much to hope for. Or maybe I can't distinguish between a crappily written part and a bad actor.

I have gone back and watched the movies and the dialogue is really kind of crappy.

Methinks that's the problem because Maguire is really a fine actor. He was great in Ride With The Devil, Pleasantville, The Cider House Rules, and Seabiscuit and he was absolutely phenomenal in Curtis Hanson's Wonder Boys.

A cheesy screenplay and a director that is incapable of getting the best from his actors (A Simple Plan, notwithstanding) were the problems with Peter Parker in the Spidey movies.

Oh and for MJ, my vote goes to Amy Adams.

AmyAdams_Grani_6800396_Max.jpg