• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For Sale: Uncut Sheet of Comic Book Auction CLOSED !!

42 posts in this topic

It looks like I have to end this thread. I was just informed by GACollectibles that it likely violates listing guidelines. I am so sorry to have upset the masses here. My intention was to offer up a cool piece of history in a neat auction like format. Who knew that this was a violation of listing guidelines? I have seen this format on the boards before and never knew it could cause such a fuss amongst the board members.

My bad.

Please excuse me.

Looked like people were enjoying it to me, and I've also seen that format used. Seemed fine, you had a starting bid that you would have sold for, so I dont see the problem. Unfortunate that it would have to finish like that.

I agree, however there are others here who disagreed. You can ask GACollectibles he has a good handle on this. It was his email, where he mentioned an email he received, that prompted the thread to close. I think my starting bid of $10.00 and 6PM closing time were within board rules. I guess GACollectibles thinks otherwise. No sense fighting him over it. We have some great board watchers here. He was only trying to do what's right for everyone. If you disagree with him let him know. I am sure he is happy to discuss he feelings on the issue........

The people who lose out are the late 6PM bidders. They will check the thread and find it closed. If GACollectibles is wrong, and I think he is, please let him know. He should be complimented when right and or wrong on something like this.

There was a discssion as to whether the auction needed a BIN, I was giving him the heads up that he might hear about that. At no point was it suggested or even mentioned that it be ended. That was stuarts decision.

Just my two cents... :shrug:

I was actually waiting for someone to say something on this, as my understanding is that a BIN price is required on all board auctions...I think the boardie asking earlier in the thread what the BIN was, was maybe trying to point that out in a subtle manner.

You absolutely can run an auction given that caveat...why not make the BIN some pie in the sky number like $1000 and if someone wants it that bad, then you get a small windfall. Otherwise, the auction can then continue as you wish.

Just some food for thought, and maybe all this already has occurred to you, but it is a cool item and would love to see what it ultimately would have went for hm

SE

I agree. The only missing thing was the BIN.

If Stuart wants to continue the auction until 6pm after putting up a BIN, I'm fine with it. (thumbs u

Just my two cents... :shrug:

I was actually waiting for someone to say something on this, as my understanding is that a BIN price is required on all board auctions...I think the boardie asking earlier in the thread what the BIN was, was maybe trying to point that out in a subtle manner.

You absolutely can run an auction given that caveat...why not make the BIN some pie in the sky number like $1000 and if someone wants it that bad, then you get a small windfall. Otherwise, the auction can then continue as you wish.

Just some food for thought, and maybe all this already has occurred to you, but it is a cool item and would love to see what it ultimately would have went for hm

SE

Yes

Auction format is fine (from what I understand) as long as you also include a BIN price.

I think we need a ruling from the highest power.......

item #6 in the guidelines:

It must list specific books with purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for.

from that I would infer it needs a BIN listed as others have stated

Auction format is fine (from what I understand) as long as you also include a BIN price.

I think we need a ruling from the highest power.......

item #6 in the guidelines:

It must list specific books with purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for.

from that I would infer it needs a BIN listed as others have stated

I thought that was an acceptable starting price that, if noone else bid, the item could be sold at that price. Anyway, sounds like it should be started over again.

Auction is Back Open with a new BIN price of $1000.00. Because of all the commotion, I have added 3 hours to the bid time-frame. Auction will close at 9PM, Central time.

This thread should now comply with all the board rules, posted and imaginary.

As of now Shin Kao is the top bidder at $75.00.....

:applause:

I have seen quite a few "auction" style postings, although they are usually for a fundraiser for someone or a group or what have you, but they are still auctions and no one says anything about that. Is there a different rule when it comes to a charity auction?

Not trying to stir the pot, I am just asking. Glad this is back up, its a pretty cool item!