• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF48

26 posts in this topic

I'll give it a 6.0 if the spine creases aren't so hard that the book lays over in your hand. The paper quality makes a difference too. So much cannot be judged in a picture, if that spine was strong I'd give it more. Those creases are acceptable in Fine.

I'll give it a 6.0 if the spine creases aren't so hard that the book lays over in your hand. The paper quality makes a difference too. So much cannot be judged in a picture, if that spine was strong I'd give it more. Those creases are acceptable in Fine.

Looks like you're right

FN+ 6.5

Above-average copy that shows minor wear but is fairly flat and clean with good eye appeal. Overall look is as if read a few times and handled with moderate care. Some accumulaton of bindery or printing flaws allowed. Corners may have blunting, cover inks may be less bright or have reduced reflectivity, spine may have a minor roll with a possible 1/4" split and minor color breaks, staples may have minor discoloration, and pages can be tannish but fairly supple. Minor cover soiling and small staple tears allowed. A very tiny piece may be missing. Cover may have minor surface wear with minor to moderate cover creases.

FN 6.0

Above-average copy that shows minor wear but is fairly flat and clean with decent eye appeal. Overall look is as if read a few times and handled with moderate care. Some accumulaton of bindery or printing flaws allowed. Corners may have blunting, cover inks may be less bright or have reduced reflectivity, spine may have a minor roll with a possible 1/4" split and minor color breaks, staples may have minor discoloration, and pages can be tannish but fairly supple. Minor cover soiling and staple tears allowed. A very tiny piece can be missing. Cover may have minor surface wear with minor to moderate cover creases. Centerfold may be a little loose.

What did the seller grade it as Tortoise?

Nice book and important key. Congrats.

bought it as a VG , have it in hand and am thrilled with it

looks better in person

Looks nice - 5.5 :applause:

4.5 also, but I could see it going 5.0 since there are no chips or pieces out of the edges or corners. Pretty good looking book regardless.

DRX

What did the seller grade it as Tortoise?

Nice book and important key. Congrats.

bought it as a VG , have it in hand and am thrilled with it

looks better in person

Looks nice - 5.5 :applause:

+1

:applause::applause:

lotta range on this one

i think its a solid 5.5 personally, 6.0 would prob be pushing it

I'm gonna send it out and we'll see what happens

If you report back with the final grade with cgc's notes, I would be a happy geek.

No, you'll just be a geek . . . :baiting: WTTB