• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brian's Phx ComicCon Report Lots of pics.

78 posts in this topic

I was able to got Sat and Sun. I will start with Saturdays pics and move on to Sun.

I went with my brother Ron and his two kids, He also happens to be a board member here as well. The Con this year was at the Convention Center rather than out in Mesa like in the past. It definitely was a better location, but actual comic dealers weren't in attendence as much as I hoped. There were books to be found. Once Again I spent most of my money at Ed Robertson's booth. I was also able to pick up a nice book at Terry's as well. Both dealer's had plenty of books I wanted, but unfortunately my budget was restricted. I will post my purchases later.

The Anime was out in force again this year, but it was not quite as bad as last year. There also seemed to be more adults this year which allowed me to take more Pics. I don't like taking photos of teens. There was also a strong Star Wars showing this year. Comic Dealers numbered about a Dozen. There were also plenty of Artists, actors and of course Stan Lee.

I went with two main goals this year

1. Get a 2001 #1 signed by Gary Lockwood and Keir Dullea from the original Movie. I was able to accomplish this.

2. Get my Strange Tales 101 and ASM 50 signed by Stan Lee which was also done.

Everything else was gravy. Now on with the Pictures.

Great pics.

How was the back issue selection?

There wasn't a huge selection. The two best were Ed and Terry. Terry has some really nice HG Atlases from a collection he bought.