• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How would YOU handle this customer's complaint?

51 posts in this topic

Just to clarify, since I missed this post when it came in... this was a 9.8 copy... I would tolerate a lot more weirdness from a guy paying big bucks for 10s... but this guy is throwing a hissy fit over a $25-30 comic...

How is he throwing a hissy fit?

confused-smiley-013.gif

He received a CGC case with [!@#%^&^] in it, and would like to get a clean case. I have the same problem with several of my cases, and it is annoying.

He writes like he's sending a telegram.

SPECKS IN CASE STOP NEED SATISFACTION STOP PLEASE ADVISE STOP

Maybe CGC will help him out? I don't know what you're supposed to do. Unless... Lighthouse -- are you a SPECKulator??????

I thought I inSPECKted those books to make sure they were in SPECKtacular condition. I don't know if this buyer has crazy exSPECKtations, or if this is an unfortunate aSPECKt of selling high grade moderns. I try to treat my customers with reSPECKt, but I can't tell what this guy exSPECKts of me... confused-smiley-013.gif

sign-funnypost.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

So perhaps my email that said "FOAD" two hundred times in bold letters was a bit too hasty?

Only if you neglected to call him a pansy-893censored-thumb.gif poxy mother893censored-thumb.gifer as well. Tell this loser to take off his skirt and stop whining like the b893censored-thumb.gif that he is. mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif I wouldn't give him a red cent back. Please PM me his eBay ID so I can put him on my Blocked Bidders List.

Gene

we're assuming 'House does not want a neg confused-smiley-013.gif

'House should do us all a favor and let us know who this guy is...I'm going to be listing a couple of Punisher books on eBay soon and don't want this psycho anywhere near my auctions. Or, if someone else has figured out who this guy is, please PM me so I can put him on my Blocked Bidders List. Who has time for this kind of 893censored-thumb.gif? I certainly don't.

Gene

The buyer's id is jhungi_buyer

It's a new eBay account, and he's bid on 100 items just in the last two weeks. The other book he was complaining about must be the one he bought from platinumcomics.

My immediate assumption when I got the email was that english was not his first language, so I don't know whether he intended to come across the way he did or not. I may drop the guys at platinum a line and see what they thought.

Sounds like it between the buyer and CGC. He's not accusing you of anything....

Jim

I agree. This person's issue is entirely with CGC. He even states "it isn't your fault."

If he is asking for something from you to compensate for his "problem" he is vague and unclear on what exactly that is. If CGC won't do something gratis (and I'm not sure they even need to here), then I'd offer to split the cost of shipping the book and getting it reslabbed by CGC (Economy). But I'd make sure CGC had received the book back before paying anything first. I'd also let the customer know it is a one-time deal on your part. If he is unhappy with how it came back from CGC the next time I'd tell him you've done as much as you will do.

Just to clarify, since I missed this post when it came in... this was a 9.8 copy... I would tolerate a lot more weirdness from a guy paying big bucks for 10s... but this guy is throwing a hissy fit over a $25-30 comic...

How is he throwing a hissy fit?

confused-smiley-013.gif

He received a CGC case with [!@#%^&^] in it, and would like to get a clean case. I have the same problem with several of my cases, and it is annoying.

Okay, hissy fit might be a bit extreme... and it's likely that in his native language his message might be more carefully worded. The word choice and sentence structure scream "very intelligent non-native speaker".

But I double-check every case I ship out, just to make sure there aren't any cracks. And during that check I would notice if there was a significant amount of debris in the case. Given that this is a brand new eBay account, and he has purchased 41 items so far, including 3 books which were CGC'd... and TWO of those three give him reason to complain about quality control... I have to think that the problem here lies with the buyer and not with CGC. The third CGC book only ended four days ago, so it's quite likely he hasn't even received it yet...

He is currently the leading bidder on 7 more CGC books. I will be interested to see what he thinks of those if he should win them. confused-smiley-013.gif

A good case for 'CGC sales are final due to 3rd party grading which in my opinion absolves me of all future responsibilities etc etc'.

For what it's worth I'd politely let him know that the problem is not uncommon with slabs and you wouldn't normally do anything, but as he's a new customer you'll offer him a refund on whatever funds you've received (less paypal, less e-bay charges) and return shipping is down to him. ie: you'll make it like the transaction never happened from your point of view, so you can relist at no cost to yourself - he'll be out a notional amount.

Life is too short for all the other crappe.

***UPDATE***

Just got positive feedback from the buyer... who among other things, complimented me on my response to email inquiries... um... okay... I never replied to your email... at all... But maybe that was better than some response he did get from another seller (who likely sent the 200-FOAD email)... confused-smiley-013.gif

Bullet dodged... thumbsup2.gif

***UPDATE***

Just got positive feedback from the buyer... who among other things, complimented me on my response to email inquiries... um... okay... I never replied to your email... at all... But maybe that was better than some response he did get from another seller (who likely sent the 200-FOAD email)... confused-smiley-013.gif

Bullet dodged... thumbsup2.gif

893frustrated.gif

And a final ******UPDATE****** to the story...

Just got this email from the buyer:

Dear lighthouse_comics,

CGC LLC called today and indicated that the item will be reholdered at no charge. Once again, the craftmanship was not your fault. Should check your other items since CGC LLC indicated that there were bad batches of holders.

Thank you,

jhungi_buyer

Nice to see that CGC responded so well. That was probably more than should be expected of them.

Perhaps those secret meetings planning counter-measures to the CGG offensive are not just a rumor after all... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif