• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How would YOU handle this customer's complaint?

51 posts in this topic

Just call this guy "Anal-Boy". I understand that many of us do want certain items to be "perfect" including flaws of any kind. Heck, I feel that way sometimes myself. But on the other hand, I try to train myself to just overlook some of these things unless it really DOES make a difference. A few specks DO NOT make a difference and this complaint is so minor that the buyer should be embarassed, in my opinion. If this was a $4,000 book and there were very noticable specks, then OK, IF it makes a real difference. I understand that a $50 book may be very expensive to some people as well, but I still believe, that proportionately, this is still being WAY too anal.

It reminds me though. At the San Diego con about eight years ago my friend and I stood in line about 15 minutes to get Joe Linsner's autograph on some limited comic of his that at the time was worth about $20. Tears Of Dawn #1 I think. Anyway, Joe was just taking the top copy, signing it, giving it to the guy that had just paid, and then went to the next guy. Some guys did not want it signed, some shuffled down the pile of copies themselves for a "better" one which took 5-10 seconds. But after I received my copy, my friend went into FULL ANAL mode and stood there literally for about five minutes shuffling through every damn copy (about 50) looking for the best one. He was holding up the line, Joe was looking at him like he was some kind of freak, and as his friend standing next to him I was even embarassed. I even told him that it was a little awkward but I didn't tell him it was rude, although it was.

Anyway, some people just go above and beyond with this stuff. -----Sid

nicely said rickdogg and bronzebruce13....

My .02: This kind of a customer could cost more for lighthouse in the longrun if he is this picky...but customer service is what separates the losers from the winners...

Sometimes it's also knowing when to hold 'em and knowing when to fold 'em....in the case of Mr. Speckle Anal-Boy...I think it's time to fold 'em...

Customer service is key...but being able to seperate yourself from an annoying customer that cost you time (which equals money) is equally key....

Sometimes it's also knowing when to hold 'em and knowing when to fold 'em....in the case of Mr. Speckle Anal-Boy...I think it's time to fold 'em...

Customer service is key...but being able to seperate yourself from an annoying customer that cost you time (which equals money) is equally key....

Most definitely true...I'd probably handle this situation to make him happy but politely tell him to do biz elsewhere... thumbsup2.gif

Most definitely true...I'd probably handle this situation to make him happy but politely tell him to do biz elsewhere... thumbsup2.gif

So perhaps my email that said "FOAD" two hundred times in bold letters was a bit too hasty? foreheadslap.gif

So perhaps my email that said "FOAD" two hundred times in bold letters was a bit too hasty?

Only if you neglected to call him a pansy-893censored-thumb.gif poxy mother893censored-thumb.gifer as well. Tell this loser to take off his skirt and stop whining like the b893censored-thumb.gif that he is. mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif I wouldn't give him a red cent back. Please PM me his eBay ID so I can put him on my Blocked Bidders List.

Gene

I sure hope for your sake 'house that the SPECKS he's seeing are not SPECKS he's looking at from a scan he intends to stick-up on eBay, and they are actually not on he book itself, but artifacts of a flatbed that badly needs cleaning foreheadslap.gif

I thought I was confused when a buyer threatened to neg me becuase he disagreed with CGC's grade on the book -- this guy takes the 893censored-thumb.gif cake!!

Advise him to call CGC...I don't think they answer that web submission form he probably used very often. If CGC won't stand behind their product by letting him replace the slab, then you've got a tough decision to make as to whether you want to take up their slack.

If I were CGC, I'd just replace his slab...requests like his probably aren't very common and are a side-effect of the mania people have about 10.0 books (I'm assuming that at least the Punisher was the 10.0 you sold recently).

Just to clarify, since I missed this post when it came in... this was a 9.8 copy... I would tolerate a lot more weirdness from a guy paying big bucks for 10s... but this guy is throwing a hissy fit over a $25-30 comic...

How would I handle this,?.....simple I would immediately give him back 25% of what he paid you for the item,...then return all his shipping charges,...then offer to pay to have the book resealed by CGC,...then offer him $100.00 in free merchandise of his choice,.................Oh wait,..I'm sorry I thought we were talking about one of my auctions....nevermind........Geez...I love to see how the opinions of board members fluctuate according to who the seller is ( No offense to you LH).....it's very interesting how the same people who were trying to explain the principles of "Binezz" to me a few weeks ago on how you have to write things off for a difficult customer are now saying screw him he's anal-boy... sign-rantpost.gif

This has been a bad week for you, ebaywise,:

Spankmonkey that left you 2 negatives and called you a girl? shocked.gif

In the above case mentioned, this reminds me of that thread where folks were claiming that there were chips and pubes encapsulated with their books! 27_laughing.gif

'House, I told you no good would come from taking your books to the all-nude strip joint with you and tipping the girls extra to pick up the slabs without using their hands 893naughty-thumb.gif

How would I handle this,?.....simple I would immediately give him back 25% of what he paid you for the item,...then return all his shipping charges,...then offer to pay to have the book resealed by CGC,...then offer him $100.00 in free merchandise of his choice,.................Oh wait,..I'm sorry I thought we were talking about one of my auctions....nevermind........Geez...I love to see how the opinions of board members fluctuate according to who the seller is ( No offense to you LH).....it's very interesting how the same people who were trying to explain the principles of "Binezz" to me a few weeks ago on how you have to write things off for a difficult customer are now saying screw him he's anal-boy... sign-rantpost.gif

27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gif Hey, Rock, I think folks were down on you due to an overgrading issue which on this board is the majority's pet peeve. As for 'House, no matter how much I dislike his brick and mortar posts devil.gifstooges.gif , his situation was about a graded book and there is not much one any dealer can do about specks of dust slabbed with the book?

Hey lighthouse, hope you didn't think I was down on anyone...you sound reasonable enough that this can be handled amicably--but somehow I would tell this guy (in a nice way) that he is being a tad unreasonable. I've had to eat crow on a transaction similar to this--be fair but firm....

Of course, you can always fall back on the FOAD bit... foreheadslap.gif

So perhaps my email that said "FOAD" two hundred times in bold letters was a bit too hasty?

Only if you neglected to call him a pansy-893censored-thumb.gif poxy mother893censored-thumb.gifer as well. Tell this loser to take off his skirt and stop whining like the b893censored-thumb.gif that he is. mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif I wouldn't give him a red cent back. Please PM me his eBay ID so I can put him on my Blocked Bidders List.

Gene

we're assuming 'House does not want a neg confused-smiley-013.gif

Gene

we're assuming 'House does not want a neg confused-smiley-013.gif

'House should do us all a favor and let us know who this guy is...I'm going to be listing a couple of Punisher books on eBay soon and don't want this psycho anywhere near my auctions. Or, if someone else has figured out who this guy is, please PM me so I can put him on my Blocked Bidders List. Who has time for this kind of 893censored-thumb.gif? I certainly don't.

Gene