• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which types of bags do you store your non CGC graded books?

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and recently got back into collecting Silver age comics. I've had some books for many years (i'm 41 now) and others I've bought very recently. I'll be sharing my collection in the coming posts but I do have an important question.

Which types of protective bags do you use?

I recently bought the Mylite 4s which are very plastic like and rigid. I liked them because they seem to be really protective but on the other hand they are pretty snug on the comic once it is inside and I fear that puts pressure on the spine and the way the cover sits on the book.

I'm not rethinking this and want to get something else to store my precious collection.

What do you recommend?

Thanks

Here's a helpful link...

Comic info

Thanks! That is very helpful but I don't see anything about Mylites 4....do people use those or am I using the wrong types of storage for my SA books? They are the Mylites 4 for silver/golden...

Thank you

There's also a relatively new size called Mylites+, available from Gerber. I use them because they are relatively inexpensive but they aren't "wrinkly" like straight Mylites.