• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CAPTAIN AMERICA'S COSTUME...???

49 posts in this topic

Close your eyes and imagine suckage like suckage has never sucked before.

Like reading your posts?

How can you read with your eyes closed, fool? :makepoint:

Braille, duh. :eyeroll:

Braille-Alphabet-Letter-G-HavenWorks-com.gifBraille-Alphabet-Letter-F-HavenWorks-com.gifBraille-Alphabet-Letter-Y-HavenWorks-com.gif:sumo:

You have offended all the blind that can read that post. (tsk)

I like to think of myself as an equal opportunity offender. :acclaim:

:roflmao: :roflmao:

they have to do something with it and be practical. when they made that garbage in the 80's i guess the guy lost about 50 pounds trying to film the movie and wear their uniform. he almost died.

Like reading your posts?

:roflmao:

Serioulsy though, some of you guys must have posts like this in the "so what do you look like" thread...

debbie_downer.jpg

One conceptual pic and the movie all of a sudden sucks donkey balls...?!? REALLY?

Don't like the costume, nor the casting for cap much.

That being said, it is a rather difficult costume to pull off (how on earth are you going to be camouflaged in a WWII war zone with big red, white, and blue.. hey, ma, here I am colors. :tonofbricks:

At least they got rid of the tuti fruiti colors in xmen. I would think they could have done a similar translation here (maybe minimize white star, etc...). Come to think of it, at least they didn't make his boots and gloves bright red. Dunno. 2c

Like reading your posts?

:roflmao:

Serioulsy though, some of you guys must have posts like this in the "so what do you look like" thread...

debbie_downer.jpg

One conceptual pic and the movie all of a sudden sucks donkey balls...?!? REALLY?

Actually the concept pics look decent. I just can't stand an opportunity to rattle the cages of the nerd boys. Their continence keeps them on the edge and they need me to shove them over it from time to time.

capam3.jpg

capam1.jpg

I'm sorry, but this uniform/costume looks a little too ''modern''

I thought this movie was going to take place in the 40's?

For all those that just can't be bothered to read the article.

Apparently, Mike Sampson at JoBlo was lucky enough to catch a glimpse of the star-spangled uniform, and while he can’t share the photo with readers quite yet, he’s more than happy to discuss the particulars.

Sampson writes:

The first thing I noticed is that the trademark wings that flank the side of Cap’s hood are gone. In fact the “hood” is gone entirely. In its place is a more traditional M1 Army helmet though this helmet does come over the eyes to give Cap a traditional “domino mask” look. Still present is the white “A” in the middle of the hat (nothing fancy, this is the traditional font), though like the rest of the costume, the blue of the helmet is much more muted than the blue in the comic costume. A thick black strap comes down over the ears and connects under the chin. …

On his chest still lies the white star though it’s not as prominent as the comic version. The costume is still split horizontally through the middle with blue on top and red and white stripes on the bottom. But instead of stripes, it’s actually just a white base with two red utility straps acting as stripes. These straps affix to a metal loop at the midpoint of the chest and a black strap extends up to the shoulders from that point.

Additionally, Sampson notes that the suit’s fabric is more akin to the leather of the X-Men costumes than the scaled look of Tobey Maguire’s Spider-Man costume. As a whole, the suit is described as having “a practical WWII military look to it with some of the obvious Captain America flourishes that we would expect.” Overall, Sampson said he was “pretty impressed” with the design, and has hinted that three fan art submissions are actually rather close to nailing the official design.