• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sales threads Rule #12, or lets turn lemons into lemonade

184 posts in this topic

We would get gold stars next to our names then, like a movie rating system, with the incentive of getting better.

Who would do the rating?

If it's forumites, well that ship has already sailed. They used to have a star rating for threads before you joined and all that did is great a disaster because if you were voted down by a forumite who disliked you your rating went down, even if they didn't have a reason to dislike you.

I give you one star for that post. :whee:

We would get gold stars next to our names then, like a movie rating system, with the incentive of getting better.

Who would do the rating?

If it's forumites, well that ship has already sailed. They used to have a star rating for threads before you joined and all that did is great a disaster because if you were voted down by a forumite who disliked you your rating went down, even if they didn't have a reason to dislike you.

What if you got stars for the number of times you contributed, up to a maximum? No votes. The awards could be made by committee. You can volunteer to be on it and we can rotate the members.

Who would do the rating?

I give you one star for that post. :whee:

Coming from you I'd call it progress.

:grin:

Who would do the rating?

I vote for Cal to do the rating :banana:

:o

Something like that, or as Jive put it, a good housekeeping seal.

I figured it's like chicken soup;) It can't HURT to make a positive contribution...and it doesn't have to be in the form of cash.

Someone may have some special knowlege about comics, they could write something that could be used as a reference tool.

how bout 500 or 1000 posts before you can start selling in the market or even ebay dealers section???

it annoys the outta me 2 see these goofs bumping their sales thread of what is their 7th post on the site of what is a sales thread posted 12 hours prior.

these people are not forum members, just merely abusing a free sales exposure opportunity

Can you please define "community service" for those of us on the short bus. (:

It's not "who you know"... :ohnoez:

Who would do the rating?

What if you got stars for the number of times you contributed, up to a maximum? No votes. The awards could be made by committee. You can volunteer to be on it and we can rotate the members.

You'd have to exclude 1/2 the members here for this star chamber, as there are too many folks with a hate on for anyone trying to add anything constructive. Alternative thought is quashed in comics general, and no good deed goes unpunished.

Can you please define "community service" for those of us on the short bus. (:

That could be determined by a poll, I suppose. The things I thought of were contributing comic related items for charity. Sharing knowledge, Bidding in a charity auction. Donating time to an offline charity and writing about it.

I was thinking of some kind of ongoing charity thread in honor of Nik, or something with profits going to a children's cause, or the Heroes fund, there are so many possibilities.

If I knew the answers, I would have written a manual;) It would have to be a group project (and I love the shortbus thread;)

Who would do the rating?

You'd have to exclude 1/2 the members here for this star chamber, as there are too many folks with a hate on for anyone trying to add anything constructive. Alternative thought is quashed in comics general, and no good deed goes unpunished.

It's really just a very small percentage, but they are loud, so it SEEMS bigger, lol.

Not all messages warrant the infliction of the messenger on the masses. There's a difference between good deeds and grandstanding/pontificating. :foryou:

I figured it's like chicken soup;) It can't HURT to make a positive contribution...and it doesn't have to be in the form of cash.

Someone may have some special knowlege about comics, they could write something that could be used as a reference tool.

how bout 500 or 1000 posts before you can start selling in the market or even ebay dealers section???

Which can be achieved by simply posting graemlins for about eight hours solid. :mad:

Which can be achieved by simply posting graemlins for about eight hours solid. :mad:

Wasn't that the result of a Deathlok v. greeggy post-a-thon?

You people don't really know how hard it is unless you try it.

:banana:

(((Greg:))))

anyway, it's something to think about...feel free to post positive ideas:)

(or hot guys;)

Pics of my uncle Zarko coming up!

Wasn't that the result of a Deathlok v. greeggy dork-a-thon?

Fixed that for you. :gossip:

(((Greg:))))

anyway, it's something to think about...feel free to post positive ideas:)

(or hot guys;)

Pics of my uncle Zarko coming up!

Thanks for the warning. :ohnoez: