• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sales threads Rule #12, or lets turn lemons into lemonade

184 posts in this topic

We would get gold stars next to our names then, like a movie rating system, with the incentive of getting better.

Something like that, or as Jive put it, a good housekeeping seal.

I figured it's like chicken soup;) It can't HURT to make a positive contribution...and it doesn't have to be in the form of cash.

Someone may have some special knowlege about comics, they could write something that could be used as a reference tool.

how bout 500 or 1000 posts before you can start selling in the market or even ebay dealers section???

Which can be achieved by simply posting graemlins for about eight hours solid. :mad:

Wasn't that the result of a Deathlok v. greeggy dork-a-thon?

Fixed that for you. :gossip:

Strawberry Shortcake Joker fan.

(((Greg:))))

anyway, it's something to think about...feel free to post positive ideas:)

(or hot guys;)

I hate it when you make me feel guilty.

But, I don't so :P

We would get gold stars next to our names then, like a movie rating system, with the incentive of getting better.

Something like that, or as Jive put it, a good housekeeping seal.

I figured it's like chicken soup;) It can't HURT to make a positive contribution...and it doesn't have to be in the form of cash.

Someone may have some special knowlege about comics, they could write something that could be used as a reference tool.

how bout 500 or 1000 posts before you can start selling in the market or even ebay dealers section???

Which can be achieved by simply posting graemlins for about eight hours solid. :mad:

Wasn't that the result of a Deathlok v. greeggy dork-a-thon?

Fixed that for you. :gossip:

Strawberry Shortcake Joker fan.

:troll:

I like the idea of a 200, 300 or even 500 post count restriction before being allowed to post in the Sales Forums...and 500 may be too high but it does show a certain willingness to "hang around" a bit and be part of the community as a whole.

Make the sales forum "read only" until whatever criteria we decide upon is met. At that point the user is unlocked.

Post count or length of time a person has been a boardie are the only 2 workable criteria for vetting sellers on the boards. Neither is perfect but either would make it harder for dishonest sellers or sellers uninterested in the community aspect of the boards to sell here.

I have bought some wonderful books from sellers that had low post counts or were new and the opposite doesn't guarantee a satisfactory transaction.

People coming here only to sell comics is a separate issue from those bumping unsuccessful sales threads. I have no problem with the former. If they're a Super Noob I won't trust them enough to buy, but otherwise, I don't really care if they also like to shoot the mess about the latest Iron Man movie. A sales thread from someone who participates a lot around here will always be more attractive to me, and I'm sure I'm not alone here, and that seems like reason enough to do more than just sell. If someone chooses to see these boards solely as a marketplace, then they're just missing out.

People over-zealously bumping their sales threads is not the same thing. While I am personally unbothered by it, if it's against the rules, and if some folks mind, then let the locking begin.

I don't see how community service is going to help. If I were on the other end, I'd just sort of chuckle at the attempt to make me "pay" to sell here and go elsewhere. Same thing with post counts. I just don't see what the one has to do with the other.

I don't really get exactly how the ratings would work, but it sounds like they could get a touch arbitrary. And anyway, if someone doesn't have anything interesting to say, why should that mean I can't buy their nice mid-grade SA DCs?

Can you please define "community service" for those of us on the short bus. (:

That could be determined by a poll, I suppose. The things I thought of were contributing comic related items for charity. Sharing knowledge, Bidding in a charity auction. Donating time to an offline charity and writing about it.

I was thinking of some kind of ongoing charity thread in honor of Nik, or something with profits going to a children's cause, or the Heroes fund, there are so many possibilities.

If I knew the answers, I would have written a manual;) It would have to be a group project (and I love the shortbus thread;)

Psst....I can tell from your post above that you like your tea black. :gossip:

I should also mention that ignoring board rules and acting poorly when called on it will put a seller on my do not buy from list. I couldn't care less how nice the books are.

Added one today.

+1

I should also mention that ignoring board rules and acting poorly when called on it will put a seller on my do not buy from list. I couldn't care less how nice the books are.

Added one today.

+1

Dish the dirt!

Added one today.

I think we all know the thread being debated here. I think it's good the discussion

about the thread bumping has left the thread itself. Many high profile Board members defended the OP of the 'problem' thread. In fact, I believe inspired by his supporters, the OP basically told another member to F*** off. Very disappointing.

i am new to the boards. i have posted in other areas and have sold here and bought here in my short time here. i am not only a board member but a cgc account holder as well. i also made a purchase in the last charity auction. i dont understand why there should be a problem with anyone selling. i have told a couple people about the boards and told them it is an outlet to sell. i really thought no one would mind if they jump in and start selling nice books at good prices. as far as post counts. i dont see how that could mean anything. you could post a hundred times an hour if you wanted to. if there are rules against bumping sales then lock the thread. if you dont like what the person is selling. dont think it is a good price. dont trust them because they are new. then dont buy from them. matter of fact no reason to even go into the thread. i have had people go into my threads and make comments they could have kept to themselves. i have seen other comments made in others sales threads that were bad. since i have been here i have seen plenty of sales threads that i thought were over priced. i have seen them that the books didnt look as described. i could have gone in and made smart remarks. why? to be the class clown? to try and make a cool remark at someone's expense? it takes a jerk to do that. if you dont like it or if you have a smart remark just dont say anything. if you want to be funny go to open mic night at funny bones. i am thankful to anyone who has bought from me. i am more thankful for the good deals i have gotten here and the very nice people i have met here. when i joined it was with full intentions of being able to talk comic books with people that love comic books just like i do. the buying and selling is just a nice added bonus to the boards. i have bought a lot more then i have sold. a big thank you to anyone who is kind enough to take the time to list books here for sale. this is a great place with great people from what i have seen. it would be a shame for someone to ruin that. if something isnt broken then leave it alone.

Can you please define "community service" for those of us on the short bus. (:

That could be determined by a poll, I suppose. The things I thought of were contributing comic related items for charity. Sharing knowledge, Bidding in a charity auction. Donating time to an offline charity and writing about it.

I was thinking of some kind of ongoing charity thread in honor of Nik, or something with profits going to a children's cause, or the Heroes fund, there are so many possibilities.

If I knew the answers, I would have written a manual;) It would have to be a group project (and I love the shortbus thread;)

Psst....I can tell from your post above that you like your tea black. :gossip:

Oy. :P