• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nice AVENGERS #1 cgc 9.4

19 posts in this topic

It's a shame Bob doesn't follow certain people's opinions of C-OW books on here. According to some board members, this should be worth no more than a 9.2 tongue.gif

Brian

Yep, the cream haters probably gagged when they saw that scan. Not only is this not priced anywhere near a 9.2, but it's almost double any recorded sale of a 9.4! But who am I to argue.....in the current market, I guess anything goes.

Yeah I don't really care for books when someone creams on the pages especially a 9.4.

mad.gif27_laughing.gif

Well the creaming hasn't affected the perimeter of the cover like it normally does so it maybe it's only microscopic creaming on the pages.

More of concern to me is the spine. There are an awful lot of nicks on it for a 9.4 and that top staple looks stressed out... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Actually, I'm more interested in the story behind the Avenger #1 CGC 9.0 that he has for sale.

This is the same Avengers #1 that he sold about 3 months ago to "A Very Happy Customer" in his Notable Sales section.

How Happy is the Customer? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

does anyone believe that a cream paged 9.4 can command 8x's guide even in the current market??? shocked.gif

Nope. I don't even think that a 9.4 WHITE could command that price, but then again, with some of the record sales we've been seeing lately, who knows? It only takes one of these phantom "overseas" buyers to pull the trigger. And odds are that if it sells, we won't know the exact price it sold for since Bob just takes the books down without a "sale pending" sign.

I think this price is comparable with the price on the 9.6 Avengers #4 on comiclink.

Don't know where the great Bob has been to respond but am sure he will be back. I asked about the Avengers 1 last week and the seller is re-selling and I believe Bob is doing it on commission so the seller set the price - and I bet the same is true with the 1 9.4. Selling for a percentage of the deal seems like a smart practice to me - keeps the upfront overhead down and can move books more quickly - unless you want to have books staying around for awhile or unless the seller sets an extremely crazy price. In another thread I saw Metropolis recruiting commission sales. And the market is so unpredictable these dys it is hard to say if the prices for those books are way high or not. I ragged bob about his Hulk 1 price and then an 8.5 sells at Heritage for almost the same! Not to mention all the other flipping for profit in the last months. It seems like prices are destined for infinity and beyond!

Mr. Z is absolutely right on this, both books are consignments with 10% commissions. And quite frankly Mr. Filosa you should talk about being happy with your purchase after flipping the JIM #83 8.0 you bought off Metropolis. Were you so happy that you threw them some extra money after you made a couple of grand. I will be more than happy to take a 10% commission and put up no money and list any book that exists for any silly price the sellers wants. Since everybody has no problem sending Comiclink the money why shouldn't I join in on the current no money down craze?

Mr. Z is absolutely right on this, both books are consignments with 10% commissions. And quite frankly Mr. Filosa you should talk about being happy with your purchase after flipping the JIM #83 8.0 you bought off Metropolis. Were you so happy that you threw them some extra money after you made a couple of grand. I will be more than happy to take a 10% commission and put up no money and list any book that exists for any silly price the sellers wants. Since everybody has no problem sending Comiclink the money why shouldn't I join in on the current no money down craze?

Bob, I'm not faulting you at all for selling books on commission (and I think 10% is very reasonable). What I thought was unusual was the fact that in your Notable Sales, the buyer of the Avengers #1 wanted you to show how proud he was to own the book. I assumed that the person really wanted a nice copy for his collection, but he is now selling it. I completely understand selling a book that you actually want, when the money profit potential is high.

I really did want the JIM #83 in CGC 8.0 for my collection. The day that I bought it from Metropolis was about a day or two before prices skyrocketed. I really had no intention of flipping it when I bought it, but like some people, when I saw the potential for a large profit, I couldn't refuse.

And I did not mention anywhere that the JIM #83 was from Metropolis. Vincent told me nice flip on this board. And I have looked at their site almost every day, looking to find a few books that I want for my collection. I also look at your site almost everyday. I was really hoping that you and Metropolis were coming to the MegaCon in Florida. You both have many raw books that I would be interested in, but I really like to see them in person. Maybe I will have to make a trip to the next big convention in New York.

I really had no intention of flipping it when I bought it, but like some people, when I saw the potential for a large profit, I couldn't refuse.

thumbsup2.gif When i type a statement like this, I get bashed. But at least you are telling the truth.

I was really hoping that you and Metropolis were coming to the MegaCon in Florida. You both have many raw books that I would be interested in, but I really like to see them in person.

Feel free to buy from Bob raw. His grading is tight! thumbsup2.gif