• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did Matt Nelson Ever Publish His Pedigree Book?

57 posts in this topic

I don't know why they don't just publish the book already and offer an update later if need be. Would be better than constantly postponing the publication. (shrug)

Hi everyone, I just saw this and wanted to explain what's up with the pedigree book.

We have not forgotten about it, and it will certainly be published without a doubt. Stephen and I were moving very fast to finish it, and then Worldwide came along and ruined it all! He retired, moved down here to join up with me, and next thing I knew we become mired in the daunting task of starting a new company. Looking back, I had no idea it would be such a huge undertaking. We're just getting WWC to a point where it doesn't need constant attention and tweaking, at which point we will turn our attention back to the book.

During that interim we did manage to completely finish inputting all of the lists we have into a database, which basically finishes all the charts and graphs of the book. About 40% of the stories are written. The rest of the writing is where the brunt of the work lies. Arnie has done a great job of laying out each chapter. Since he bangs them out as we finish them, there is no bottleneck there.

The website hasn't been updated in forever. My fault...I will do this very soon. I'm about to launch the new Classics Inc. website, after which time I'll tackle the pedigree site.

Stephen and I apologize to everyone who has been waiting for this book, and especially those who decided to run ads with us. It's something that bothers me on a daily basis. I hate leaving something undone, especially as huge as this.

I have to run, but I'll be on this weekend to respond to any questions or comments. I really appreciate the patience with the book. Promise it will be worth the wait.

Matt Nelson

Hi everyone, I just saw this and wanted to explain what's up with the pedigree book.

We have not forgotten about it, and it will certainly be published without a doubt. Stephen and I were moving very fast to finish it, and then Worldwide came along and ruined it all! He retired, moved down here to join up with me, and next thing I knew we become mired in the daunting task of starting a new company. Looking back, I had no idea it would be such a huge undertaking. We're just getting WWC to a point where it doesn't need constant attention and tweaking, at which point we will turn our attention back to the book.

During that interim we did manage to completely finish inputting all of the lists we have into a database, which basically finishes all the charts and graphs of the book. About 40% of the stories are written. The rest of the writing is where the brunt of the work lies. Arnie has done a great job of laying out each chapter. Since he bangs them out as we finish them, there is no bottleneck there.

The website hasn't been updated in forever. My fault...I will do this very soon. I'm about to launch the new Classics Inc. website, after which time I'll tackle the pedigree site.

Stephen and I apologize to everyone who has been waiting for this book, and especially those who decided to run ads with us. It's something that bothers me on a daily basis. I hate leaving something undone, especially as huge as this.

I have to run, but I'll be on this weekend to respond to any questions or comments. I really appreciate the patience with the book. Promise it will be worth the wait.

Matt Nelson

(thumbs u

An update at last

The update was a part of my horrible dream. So far all the events before the sun becomes super nova are turning out to be true.

Got any Racing tips as well?

An update at last

The update was a part of my horrible dream. So far all the events before the sun becomes super nova are turning out to be true.

Got any Racing tips as well?

Doesn't matter. You won't have time to spend your winnings.

I just want everyone to find somebody nearby and give a hug....even if it's Greggy. Dorks need love, too.

We have not forgotten about it, and it will certainly be published without a doubt.

Any chance you could tell us when?!? :cry:

I can understand Matt`s difficulty. It`s hard to write with one hand and mash books to death with the other.

We have not forgotten about it, and it will certainly be published without a doubt.

I can understand Matt`s difficulty. It`s hard to write with one hand and mash books to death with the other.

Nothing wrong with that. Ya I forgot you compared baseball players taking steroids to pressing books :roflmao:

About 40% of the stories are written.

Well, there it is.

And here I am when the book comes out. :preach:

Man, this thing ain't coming out even next year. I'll be buying it though. :whistle:

Nothing wrong with that. Ya I forgot you compared baseball players taking steroids to pressing books :roflmao:

Just because you`re incapable of comprehending the analogy doesn`t mean it`s not valid. (shrug)

I don't think we'll have it done by the end of this year. My sights are on 2011, maybe by the big shows that summer.

We have most of the information compiled to write the stories. And the data is sometimes half of a story, which is done. Most of the collections we have not finished are small ones with no original list, sales data or even CGC grades, so those will go quickly.

The silver lining to me is that Stephen and I are in a very different place than we were 3 years ago, which I think will make the book more interesting. We work together more efficiently, and are on the same page regarding some integral philosophies about pedigrees and the market as a whole. So once this thing gets moving with speed, I believe it will go much faster than it did before.

Oh God, don't compare this to Bob's book! doh! I remember him touting that in the early nineties!

I don't think we'll have it done by the end of this year. My sights are on 2011, maybe by the big shows that summer.

We have most of the information compiled to write the stories. And the data is sometimes half of a story, which is done. Most of the collections we have not finished are small ones with no original list, sales data or even CGC grades, so those will go quickly.

The silver lining to me is that Stephen and I are in a very different place than we were 3 years ago, which I think will make the book more interesting. We work together more efficiently, and are on the same page regarding some integral philosophies about pedigrees and the market as a whole. So once this thing gets moving with speed, I believe it will go much faster than it did before.

Oh God, don't compare this to Bob's book! doh! I remember him touting that in the early nineties!

i'll be buying this when it comes out. always did sound like a great idea.

How about shill bidding his own eBay auctions?

Anything wrong with that?