• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did Matt Nelson Ever Publish His Pedigree Book?

57 posts in this topic

I really think they can't keep up with all the new pedigree collections coming to market.

But he must know that at some point he has to stop this insanity and just get it out - otherwise, in an ever-changing world, it literally *never* gets published.

neverending-story.jpg

I had a horrible dream last night. Matt Nelson finally releases his labor of love, his thick tome on pedigree comics that he's been working on for over fifty years. And on the same day, the Sun goes into super-nova and explodes.

I'm sure Clint Howard will warn us the day before that happens.

Well, that's a very obscure reference. So when are they coming out with the third set of Night Gallery? Probably around the same time as the Pedigree Book.

I had a horrible dream last night. Matt Nelson finally releases his labor of love, his thick tome on pedigree comics that he's been working on for over fifty years. And on the same day, the Sun goes into super-nova and explodes.

Well, that's a very obscure reference. So when are they coming out with the third set of Night Gallery? Probably around the same time as the Pedigree Book.

It's a miracle they even put out the second season. Universal is absolutely inept at releasing their TV titles, while every other studio floods the market with inane, unwatchable drek.

It's a miracle they even put out the second season. Universal is absolutely inept at releasing their TV titles, while every other studio floods the market with inane, unwatchable drek.

Have some Tranya and relax

99351.jpg.cf624a31963d0d9610d3b994aaefdc12.jpg

if you look at their completetion chart you can see where the hold up is...trying to find the original, complete lists of some of the more obsure pedigree's. Then again Sherwood is on that list and that was de-pedigree'd?

i imagine they will have to piece them together with old Sothby's and other auction catalogues. i would help but im pretty useless :)

http://comicbookpedigrees.com/book-update.htm

Have some Tranya and relax

99351.jpg

:applause:

I requested a refund of my advance $$$ sometime back. Matt promptly paid up, but added a snippy note about how it will be out soon, etc. I think that was two years ago.

You sure he was talking about his book? :insane:

I requested a refund of my advance $$$ sometime back. Matt promptly paid up, but added a snippy note about how it will be out soon, etc. I think that was two years ago.

Good for you. I think he should return the advance to everyone if he's not going to have it done in a realistic time frame. IMO, if you are taking pre-orders, it should be damn well close to going to the printers.

I am looking forward to it but I have a feeling if I get too much older I'm going to forget to get it.

I can certainly appreciate how much time must go in to doing this book properly, must be an incredibly daunting task and I'm sure these guys don't want to doa half arse job. However, your right taking deposits for pre-orders and two years later it still hasn't hit the presses is probably a bit much. Come to think of it I can't even recall if I gave one of those deposits myself. ???

I can certainly appreciate how much time must go in to doing this book properly, must be an incredibly daunting task and I'm sure these guys don't want to doa half arse job. However, your right taking deposits for pre-orders and two years later it still hasn't hit the presses is probably a bit much. Come to think of it I can't even recall if I gave one of those deposits myself. ???

This book has been in the works more than 2 years :cry:

Can't remember if I made a deposit either. Do we get interest on our deposits?

This book has been in the works more than 2 years :cry:

Can't remember if I made a deposit either. Do we get interest on our deposits?

Seriously I think I might have given a deposit, going to have to dig through my emails. lol I won't ask for a refund but I can't wait to grab a copy of this book.

It's like waiting for my next issue of Battle Chasers. =)

Or any second issue of any Neal Adams book...

:grin: The joke back in the 80s amongst the regulars at my LCS was that Ms Mystic 3 would never be released.

It's like waiting for my next issue of Battle Chasers. =)

Or any second issue of any Neal Adams book...

:grin: The joke back in the 80s amongst the regulars at my LCS was that Ms Mystic 3 would never be released.

I was stunned to see number 2

if you look at their completetion chart you can see where the hold up is...trying to find the original, complete lists of some of the more obsure pedigree's. Then again Sherwood is on that list and that was de-pedigree'd?

i imagine they will have to piece them together with old Sothby's and other auction catalogues. i would help but im pretty useless :)

http://comicbookpedigrees.com/book-update.htm

Note that the date on that update page is 1/26/09 and also note the reference to the "final stretch to finish." Makes me wonder if they've given up. Too bad, if they have.