• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

! ! ! SHAZAM ! ! ! The Captain Marvel, Mary M., Jr. and Co. Thread
2 2

189 posts in this topic

Some time ago I discovered my passion for Captain Marvel (yes, the original one, not Marvel Comics´ name steeling figure from the bronze age). Not only is he one of the greatest superheroes of the Golden Age, but he also has a lot of potential in becoming famous and popular in modern times again, once DC starts to care about this huge treasure it owns.

Anyway, in my opinion, Cap Marvel, Jr. and Mary M. had some of the best GA covers, which unfortunately are not very much appreciated. Sure, some are not that glamourous as others and over time some of the covers and stories turned out to be more...."simple", but those Marvels never lost their place in pop culture.

Enjoy.

This one might be the lowest graded Whiz book I own, but I think the cover is extremely cool and even though it is a 1.5, it presents very well. Never the less, I am waiting for an opportunity to upgrade.

WhizComics9cgc15.jpg