• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling raw Copper on the boards

12 posts in this topic

Need some advice/opinions about selling copper on the boards.

Like a lot of us I think, my personal comic golden age was the 80's. That's when I was fully immersed in comics. With the exception of BA Richie Rich and BA DC war comics, I have more of a nostalgic connection to the 80's era Marvel and DC comics than any other.

However, I really don't care for keeping a lot of this stuff any longer. It's just boxes and boxes of stuff I don't want to have to haul the next time I move. There will be some things I will keep, like my Byrne FFs and Dematteis Justice Leagues but much of it I just want gone.

Just about all of my CA collection is original owner and should grade out in the 9.x range.

I have little interest in getting any of these graded.

I've thought about selling them in title lots or maybe breaking them up and selling for a buck (or two) a piece.

I'm not looking to make huge money on these, but I don't want to just give them away either.

If you were looking to sell off your CA collection, how would you do it?

Lots would be good (easier than selling individually).

I've sold $1 books here before and you can do OK. But, it's tough to really make it worth the time/effort.

Best bet, donate them and take the write off. Take an OS with you and have them markdown guide value for the books you give them. You'll get more for them that way and without near as much hassle and/or effort. (thumbs u

Common 80's books will sell here for .50 - $1/each. They're probably listed at $3+ in OS.

I, and many others on here, will pay good bread for legitimate 9.8 candidate Copper. Far more than Overstreet 9.2, which most people like to trot out when they are buying. I would separate those out and offer them individually. Sell the rest in lots. I will also send you my want list for pre-screen pre-sales because I am that kind of guy. :grin:

I, and many others on here, will pay good bread for legitimate 9.8 candidate Copper. Far more than Overstreet 9.2, which most people like to trot out when they are buying. I would separate those out and offer them individually. Sell the rest in lots. I will also send you my want list for pre-screen pre-sales because I am that kind of guy. :grin:

So, you don't want to buy my raw 9.8s for 1/2 OPG like everyone else...?

I'm confused...

Whatever you do, DON'T BREAK UP THE RUNS.

You'll get far less for "runs missing issues" than you would for complete runs, even if the missing issues are non keys.

DHP #1-157? Sold from JScomics in Feb for $170 or thereabouts.

DHP #1-157, missing #32, 47, 76, 102, 115?

$50.

Crazy.

Whatever you do, DON'T BREAK UP THE RUNS.

You'll get far less for "runs missing issues" than you would for complete runs, even if the missing issues are non keys.

DHP #1-157? Sold from JScomics in Feb for $170 or thereabouts.

DHP #1-157, missing #32, 47, 76, 102, 115?

$50.

Crazy.

Agreed and if he is doing runs, Ebay is the way to go, those do sell for decent money there. :)

Well, I'm not eagle eye newbie friend over there. I'm not sure I can reliably pick out the 9.8 worthys.

I'm confused...

It doesn't matter. You won't take 6-10x OSPG for your 9.8s anyway, so i gave up. I soothed myself with another unguent. The NEWBIE'S FRIEND burned too much.

I'm confused...

It doesn't matter. You won't take 6-10x OSPG for your 9.8s anyway, so i gave up. I soothed myself with another unguent. The NEWBIE'S FRIEND burned too much.

:o(worship)

I'm confused...

Awwwwww...

Now I feel guilty.

Not so guilty that I'll sell you my 9.8s cheap, but guilty nonetheless. ;)