• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,931 posts in this topic

Guys, I could use some advice here. What's a fair price for one of the limited signed and numbered Steven's prints of Betty from the 80s?

Depends on the print. Can you give any more info without tipping your hand?

Guys, I could use some advice here. What's a fair price for one of the limited signed and numbered Steven's prints of Betty from the 80s?

The one with Betty in the bath. There is also the one with the rocketeer with a woman slung over his shoulder (possibly Betty). Pricing info on either one would be appreciated.

The one with Betty in the bath. There is also the one with the rocketeer with a woman slung over his shoulder (possibly Betty). Pricing info on either one would be appreciated.

Honestly, you might try asking in the OA forum. I'm sure someone in there would know. I lucked out on my print and got it for way below list price. :grin:

Honestly, you might try asking in the OA forum. I'm sure someone in there would know. I lucked out on my print and got it for way below list price. :grin:

Up until about a year ago, Bud's Art Books still had the Bettie in the bath prints for $60 - it usually sells for $50-75 on ebay.

The Rocketeer (with Bettie slung over his shoulder) print goes for about $75 - I saw one sell recently for $125, but it had a Bettie Page signature as well.

Up until about a year ago, Bud's Art Books still had the Bettie in the bath prints for $60 - it usually sells for $50-75 on ebay.

The Rocketeer (with Bettie slung over his shoulder) print goes for about $75 - I saw one sell recently for $125, but it had a Bettie Page signature as well.

And as a general rule the numbered prints go for more than the unnumbered ones.

Yeah, I saw those too. Wasn't he asking like a $1,000? Signed and numbered?

I wasn't referencing any specific print, I was just noting that Dave had prints that he numbered and they run the gamut. I have seen them limited to 100, 250, 300, 500, 750, 850 and 1000.

So the prices on the prints will vary a ton between the numbering, size and subject matter.

Oh, my bad...there was a dealer at Heroes that had two separate prints for sale and I'm pretty sure it was the ones you referenced too. He had them up in his display but I know I can't touch those so I just didn't even go there.

So! Day 3 of Heroes was a success as well! I came out of there with Dave books everyday! In total I found a DNAgents cover, a Girl Crazy Cover, a Crossfire & Rainbow Elvis cover, and a Madman back cover. The Girl Crazy might just be grade worthy too. I actually saw it on Friday but decided to wait until Sunday to try and grab it to see if I could get it at bargain and got it for half price. None of these were in the dollar boxes guys.... I think we've been found out.

I didn't pay more than $3 for any of them but these things are starting to get pulled or just not put in the boxes anymore. :(

How about the SDCC HC Variant of the out of print sketchbooks? Now available for pick up only...Thank God I am going to SDCC lol

What's different about these from the regular edition?

How about the SDCC HC Variant of the out of print sketchbooks? Now available for pick up only...Thank God I am going to SDCC lol

What's different about these from the regular edition?

The cover is a re-creation of the Comics Journal cover.

So I finally found that unique item I was looking for around the house. Back when I was in college a friend of mine gave me a couple of cds and I've held on to this one more because it has a rip-off from Dave's Planet Comics # 1 than the fact it is a bootleg CD of a Dave Matthews Band concert. Somebody probably made a little money off of this without giving any back to either Dave!

sweptaway-X2.jpg

The back has a little picture of Ming the Merciless, not sure where it's from :lol:

Planet Comics #1 and Airboy #5 are my all-time favorite Stevens covers.

I'd love to see the poll results of what would boil to the top of the list as what the majority feel are his most impactful covers.

Planet Comics #1 and Airboy #5 are my all-time favorite Stevens covers.

I'd love to see the poll results of what would boil to the top of the list as what the majority feel are his most impactful covers.

Sounds like someone needs to start a poll in here. :baiting: